1. [+235, -74] Will you guys stop it already. They already fu*ked off like you guys asked and reflected while shaving their heads, unlike that Nichkhun b@stard that hid behind the power of his company and muttered some sorry apology. These guys even recorded a video of their apology. What happened to all you b@stards that begged everyone to forgive that star that almost killed someone? Psy did drugs and evaded the military and yet he doesn't get even a quarter of the hate G-Drag does. What's up with the double standards towards Block B when they already apologized and reflected.
2. [+155, -42] You guys are all so fuc*ing pathetic ㅋㅋㅋ First you call their achievements on the Billboard as media play and now that they're representing Korea to collaborate with a pop star, you're all hating on that too ㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+90, -36] These kids are way better than that kid that did marijuana and thinks that he's getting hate because he's so popular and awesome. I guess to VIPs, any crime is worthy of forgiveness as long as you have a big fandom
4. [+214, -180] Guys, remember not to repeat what you did if you find yourselves with just $5 left in your pockets in Malaysia.
5. [+145, -140] So how much did they pay you? You guys will do anything for money, huh???
1. [+226, -15] How thoughtful of him~~~ Why did I not discover such an amazing person until now.. ㅡㅡ What will I live for now that Faith is over~~ㅠㅠ I hope he takes up a new project while I watch reruns and more reruns!
2. [+217, -13] He's so amazingly handsome, what to do?
3. [+202, -15] Wow, Lee Min Ho is the best <3 Youngspirin ㅠㅠ So kind of him to think of his fans! I can eat 100 pills at this rate! I love you!
1. [+420, -91] I think Goo Hye Sun doesn't give a crap about the hateful replies she receives. It's not like she creates any scandals or breaks the law, she's just challenging herself to areas of interest and trying to do good in all of them so there's nothing to hate. Being unique is not bad, and I think it's amazing that she's always trying new things.
2. [+347, -36] Goo Hye Sun has tried singing, directing, art, and acting, but she's not good at any of them. HOWEVER, I don't think she deserves to be hated for that. What's so wrong about trying things? What pisses me off more are stupid sh*ts that don't even know how to sing come out and prance around on stage calling themselves idols.
3. [+284, -76] Let's not leave hateful replies on articles like these. She's a nice person, no need to be jealous of that. I hope Goo Hye Sun's movie and cast all do well.
1. [+1,643, -163] If you have any shame at all, you wouldn't go there.
2. [+1,157, -125] Do you even think you can advance there? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+1,036, -94] Huk...
4. [+201, -6] Whether it's a Korean song or an English song, how about you 'sing' first...
5. [+170, -10] Are you intending to shame our country!! I'm against it!
6. [+135, -7] You mean autotune will sing in Korean FOR you... Please, let's sing Hyuna...
7. [+117, -14] What happened to Korea, why is it at the point where girls like these don't even have to sing but just wear tight clothing and sexy expressions to get anywhere.. This is why I don't listen to psycho idol songs
8. [+104, -3] sh*t don't scare me like that
9. [+101, -7] Don't waste your money on it ㅋㅋㅋ Do you think America is just some next door town you can visit? ㅋㅋㅋ
10. [+84, -4] Let's start with singing practices...
2. [+631, -191] Although we don't know who's right or wrong yet, the way she put all this out on a public platform like an sns says a lot about her... Should resolve personal matters amongst yourselves
3. [+689, -280] I'm not saying that Park Jung Min is right or wrong, but I don't think it was right of her to reveal it on SNS like that. It's a personal matter that should be resolved between the two of them so why is she taking this public?
4. [+103, -20] So what the hell does she want us to do? Is she asking netizens to kick Park Jung Min out of the industry or something? Keep personal crap to yourself.
1. [+192, -39] Look at him turn a woman into a psychopath ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Does she have some kind of special powers where only she can see things? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+188, -42] If a woman is going to such drastic measures, then you gotta believe that the man did something wrong to betray her
3. [+165, -46] Judging from the posts she wrote up, it sounds like he used her whenever he felt like it and the girl interpreted that as dating. And then he tried to just get rid of her once n for good by ignoring her... It would've been better to just talk it out with her. The girl's got problems too because she should've known he wasn't in it for a relationship and now she's out screaming at everyone to hate on him. She's the weird one for accepting all of that and still looking for something in it.
1. [+208, -60] She has that.... ~~~~ Something you can't put into words... That...! It's there...!
2. [+215, -95] Huk... pretty~~~~~~~~~~
3. [+177, -148] All I ever see on Hyuna articles are comments about her lack of vocal talent. Yeah, I get that singers need to have good vocal talent, but that obviously doesn't apply to her song's concept. She's not singing anything with a lot of high notes and she's just doing her best with what she's given... I think every artist has their own style. As long as you're happy listening and watching to her sing and perform, isn't that all that matters? I just thought I'd jot a few things down because all I see are the same hateful replies...
1. [+987, -77] Oh ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I feel like Kwanghee will match the show well ㅋㅋㅋㅋ like he'll give Kang Ho Dong and the guests mental breakdowns with some of the stuff he comes up with while they're talking ㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+843, -66] I like this fresh combination ㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+727, -66] Kwanghee ㅋㅋ It's going to be so funny. He'll be like, "What's wrong with you hyungnim!!!!" while showing his gummy smile. Just thinking about it makes me laugh. I hope we can see both of them soon ^^
1. [+585, -84] He's already been cleared of his tax suspicions so why are people still hating on him?
2. [+568, -88] So many people talking this and that... A star that's killed a person with his car comes out on TV, as well as stars that have bullied, showed their bodies on cam, beat others up, smoke marijuana, and all that... so why all the hate for someone that reflected and apologized to his viewers? You have no right to judge how long he's reflected.
3. [+453, -100] You suffered a lot. I don't watch other shows, but I always make sure to catch 1 Night 2 Days so please come back. I miss the old 1 Night 2 Days.
1. [+622, -68] What's amazing about Lady Jane is that she's been dating Simon D since he was some nobody rapper in Busan who didn't have a dime to his name. She gave him money for transportation when he was hungry and poor. Girls these days usually tend to want guys that have it all, so I think Lady Jane has a special talent in discovering the pearl amongst dirt. I think Simon D will think more preciously of her since she's been with him since before he hit success.
2. [+393, -20] Lady Jane helped Simon D out through all of his hardships... I hope the last a long time and get married! ㅋㅋ
3. [+268, -19] I want to eat a meal like that too..
1. [+461, -110] Really amazing! The saying is true that a person meant to make it big will reach the top no matter what. This is such a worthy achievement since he stood on that stage with his own power and did his best! Congrats!
2. [+438, -98] I'll forever remember your works where we laughed and cried together. A best male actor award in just three works!!! Thinking of your blood, sweat, and tears ㅠㅠㅠ I hope you become an actor loved for a long time on musical stages... Congratulations!!!
1. [+287, -53] Kim Junsu and Jo Seung Woo are two of the only musical actors that can sell out the entire audience for each stage they perform in. If the article is true in that Junsu really does receive $60k, none of it is going to waste. What the problem is that the journalist didn't even check the numbers or the facts and is trying to paint Junsu in a bad light by acting as if musical tickets being priced at $100 is all Junsu's fault without accounting for other expenses like staff and equipment.
2. [+263, -50] If he's able to bring in that much more profit after being paid a guarantee of $60k, then it's well worth the costs.
3. [+229, -43] Wow... best male actor award... wow... amazing
1. [+26, -2] Lizzy's cute... People are so quick to attack her just because she felt disappointed that Eunji did better with Busan saturi than she did... Don't write hateful replies. Just hope for the best for both of them. Why is it necessary to hate on such a young girl? I just hope both of them do well.
2. [+18, -2] The role matches her so well ~ I hope the viewer ratings go up! Lizzy, fighting
3. [+6, -0] Honestly, isn't Lizzy's face and body better than Eunji like Lizzy >>>>>>>>>>>>> Eunji ?
1. [+1,005, -162] It's fortunate that his personal business did well because I was so upset when he was kicked out of the entertainment industry just for being gay. Idols who commit all sorts of heinous acts like drugs, car accidents, one nights, and bullying can come on TV just fine, and yet... I feel like our entertainment industry just gets dirtier by the day.
2. [+850, -447] Why is our country so into America's Halloween day? If you have time to remember another country's holiday, how about remembering some of ours?
3. [+502, -139] The uncomfortable reality of only seeing men in his pictures
4. [+94, -21] Whether it's an American holiday or not, if he wants to celebrate it that's his own business, why are you all getting up in his face about it? It's the journalist that posted the picture here, not him, so leave if you don't want to see it.
5. [+93, -20] It's hilarious how people that never used to care about Korea before turn into nationalistic fools worrying about our country's holidays on posts like this
1. [+458, -128] The world album chart is no longer media play worthy
2. [+447, -182] How about you work on your attitudes in that time~
3. [+427, -177] Oh, it's those kids... the one that had a mental breakdown during the Thai flood.. tsk tsk
4. [+117, -90] Don't think that you will be forgiven if you make another mistake just because you reflected. I hope that Block B becomes a group that is always careful of their actions and words wherever they are and that their new song hits daebak.
5. [+104, -91] It's the truth that Block B has outstanding talents. I hope that they don't make any mistakes this time and put all their skills together to earn the public's love. Block B fighting!!!
1. [+462, -121] Did he absolutely have to turn a nun costume into such a matter? There are so many other Halloween costumes. Even if he did choose to be a nun, he shouldn't have uploaded pictures like this. The real nuns probably feel bad looking at it...
2. [+436, -113] I don't think it's right to cosplay someone that sacrifices and dedicates their entire life to religion, especially for Halloween.
3. [+310, -42] Hul...........
4. [+138, -8] This is my first time leaving a reply on a public space like this. As a religious person, this picture turned me off so badly that I felt the need to login and leave a comment. How dare people praise his sense of humor? Or is it just that there are more disrespectful people like Jo Kwon... There are so many Halloween costumes, so why the need to choose a nun and turn it into something horrifying like this. It pisses me off. I hope he fixes the head on his shoulders.
5. [+120, -4] If you think about it, this is such a disrespectful act. Where is the need to dress as a nun and rub bloody tears all over yourself?
6. [+111, -3] I think it's hilarious that he's making sure to celebrate another country's holiday ㅋㅋㅋ Why don't you remember Hangul Day in that time
7. [+94, -4] Aren't you supposed to dress as a ghost or a monster for Halloween? Why a nun?
8. [+91, -2] I'm pretty sure Jo Kwon's family is religious as well so this is ridiculous to me that he would do something like this to a nun. Jo Kwon-ssi, do not dirty the women who dedicate their entire lives to helping others like this!
9. [+91, -5] Religion is such a sensitive topic. Just what was he thinking uploading something like this to show? I'm not religious myself but I don't think this is right. I'm really disappointed in him with this...
10. [+88, -5] Did he upload this thinking it was hilarious? I'm starting to hate him more now
1. [+417, -41] Be honest, you guys won't even treat girls as anything other than beasts if they're not as skinny as that. Every time a star gains a tiny bit of weight, you're all so quick to criticize this and that like Suzy's lost her jaw line with her weight gain or that she was the most prettiest when she first debuted.
2. [+317, -39] It's our appearance-oriented society that fuels things like this.. How do you expect non-celebrity girls to feel? It's the nature of our society where if you're not as skinny as that, you'll never be recognized or acknowledged. What do you expect her to feel in a society like that?
3. [+270, -28] Eating delicious things is the happiest feeling in the world ㅜㅜ Poor Nicole, it must be so hard for her
1. [+487, -190] I hope Lee Hi does well ㅋㅋㅋ and every time her article comes up, people call it media play ㅋㅋㅋ Just call every article media play, why don't you? And don't read the news or read replies or even write replies. Why even bother coming in if you're going to call it media play ㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+332, -91] Looking forward to it! Reversal girl Lee Hi!!
3. [+312, -227] Yeah, she's good, but you gotta admit that there's a lot of media play going on for her. It's to the point where you have to acknowledge it because they do it so much. I like that they're hyping her.... but it's too much
1. [+207, -6] I think the producers know that they're fun as well because they were on for half the show ㅋㅋ
2. [+180, -18] I'm sure the majority of Korean men love girls like Sunhwa, girls who have lots of aegyo and know how to give way to the man
3. [+129, -6] HeeHwa couple ㅋㅋㅋ Love em
This next article isn't mean or anything. The tone of the comments are very light and meant as a joke (Suzy is VERY loved in Korea) so I threw it in a positive dump for that reason. There are always a million other Suzy articles floating around in the top 30 at any given time and it'd be exhausting for me to pick all of them up.
2. [+530, -62] Looks like God didn't give her everything...
3. [+488, -63] God is fair
Netizens usually say the "God is fair" comment to seemingly perfect stars that have one or two things that aren't quite up to par with the rest of their perfect features.
This next one.. I remember just skimming comments and seeing someone request a slew of Infinity Challenge articles but I had to run at the time so I couldn't take a look. I hope this fulfills.. something? At least one of them?
I'm not familiar with variety shows so it's really hard for me to take show requests since I don't know how to pick out what's interesting or a curious topic to its viewers (same response to everyone asking for 'Superstar K4'... I'm sorry, I'll try my best to pick some of them up T_T) Anyway, this was at #1 for a while last night so I picked it up.
1. [+143, -26] Music Core was so mean to them;; Their stage was one of the first in the line-up ㅋㅋㅋ At least on Music Bank, they came out somewhere in the middle;; Their company deserves this. They should've known to keep pushing their "Nothing Lasts Forever" concept if they don't want to be treated like this.
2. [+100, -21] They do seem to have paid more attention on the production of the song. Minah is starting to look more like a woman now.
3. [+92, -29] It seems they've gotten prettier with this comeback. The song is great and it's beautiful to see them working so hard. I'll always look forward to them.
1. [+1,190, -361] It wasn't cute, it was disrespectful
2. [+992, -363] So disrespectful.. Even children wouldn't act like that just because they see someone they know walking down the stage
3. [+903, -383] Hyojumma, please get your manners in check ㅡㅡ
4. [+165, -91] But at collection shows, models usually cheer and shout for their friends and maybe even joke around and applaud depending on the atmosphere.. I don't think it was that disrespectful...
5. [+137, -112] Look at all these netizens sticking like flies to a corpse over something that can just pass as a funny happening
6. [+121, -30] Hyori always acts like she wants to be veiwed as a respectful celebrity, but her true self is always revealed with these subconscious actions
7. [+120, -63] The model and the designers all laughed it off but only the netizens are foaming at the mouth over it!!! ㅋ
8. [+109, -46] I feel this every time I read articles about Hyori... She tries too hard to present herself as a respectful and free-spirited person, when all she really is is someone that drinks a lot, wears nothing on stage, and is just basically an entertainer... Her image on TV and Twitter seems so fake. It's obvious she's trying to recreate her image. I think she's also dating Lee Sang Soon because she truly delusionally believes that she's a free-spirited musician, intelligent, etc..
9. [+107, -51] Look at all these netizens commenting as if they've ever even been to a fashion show
10. [+107, -59] It can happen depending on the show's atmosphere so I don't think it's right to just call it a disrespectful action outright...
1. [+405, -60] Yes, there was no exposure, but there was also no singing. Nothing but autotune and dancing.
2. [+348, -48] Okay, she can kinda get away with it in 4minute, but if she's going to promote as a solo, she really needs to start practicing her singing... If she's going to confidently call herself a singer, that is...
3. [+307, -56] It was so obvious that she was too out of breath to sing and that took away from the viewers' concentration on her singing and choreography. Hyuna's concept was sexy but she wasn't even able to live up to it.. It was just overall a disappointment...
1. [+686, -116] Sexy Queen or whatevever, she can't sing worth a gong, are you a gong?
2. [+556, -114] Is she really calling this a song... Ice Cream Cream Cream Cream... epitome of cheap
3. [+573, -139] Sexy Queen or whatever, she can't sing worth dog, are you a dog?
The two comments are word plays.. "to sing worth crap" is "jing hage" in Korean, but "jing" also means "gong". The other one is self explanatory, but "worth dog" basically means the same as "worth crap".
1. Member B of an idol group was recently spotted drinking with his friends at a club. Another idol D came up to his group and started hitting on a girl in his group. B stepped up and told D to stop because the girl wasn't into it, but D kept pursuing her, eventually leading B to call D outside to talk. D tried to intimidate B by saying that he was also an idol group member as well but their argument eventually led to a big fight outside the club. Once a crowd started to form, the two were scared about the fight leaking to the media and attempted to make up to stop any rumors from spreading and quickly sent everyone home.
2. It's almost a crime not to know top star A. He's so well loved by the public, so it comes as a surprise to hear that he grew up in difficult family conditions. After the divorce of his parents, A grew up working odd jobs to make ends meet on his own, even admitting in an interview later that he became an actor to make money. However, because he never shows any pain or trouble on the outside, nobody around him knew that he had such a past to him. We would like to send our applause to his ability to overcome his hardships and rise to the top.
3. Rookie idol group member A was recently caught by several insiders enjoying a date with a girl. He's currently the talk of the industry, as the girl he seems to be dating is none other than his group's stylist/coordi. One insider hinted, "It seems A's company doesn't know that he's dating his coordi yet." Insiders are watching over with amusement to see how his company will respond once they find out.
4. CNBLUE's Jungshin recently began his acting career with KBS's weekend drama, 'My Daughter Seoyoung', making him the last member out of his group to take his own stab at acting. His schedule has been said to be absolutely suicidal lately with the constant trips back and forth from Korea to Japan for CNBLUE's Japanese concert and his drama schedule, but it's said that he's pulling it all off with a smile on his face. Reps said they would expect to hear some complaints from a guy that can only sleep 2-3 hours a day, but they say his face is as bright as ever, always. Jungshin was always the one waiting at the dorm whenever the other members took off to individual schedules, so they say that he's happy to the point where he could scream with his new busy schedule.
1. [+646, -126] Hyuna wasn't singing at all and just dancing. Even while just opening and closing her mouth, she made a lot of mistakes. No, she's not a singer, she's a dancer.
2. [+579, -99] Honestly, Ga-In's performances were a lot more sexually suggestive, but it was harder for me to watch Hyuna's stage... because she sucked at singing so bad...
3. Random unrelated comment about Psy
4. [+94, -26] Who does she think she is singing three songs at once?
5. [+88, -6] Of all people, she had to perform right after Ailee ㅋㅋ Couldn't help but compare her poor skills to Ailee. Ailee was the absolute best with her live performance, while Hyuna was out of breath with her lip syncing.
6. [+77, -3] Ailee performed before Hyuna and Ga-In performed after Hyuna. She was just attacked from both ends ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
7. [+63, -6] Why doesn't she sing? If all she's going to do is open her mouth a few times, she should just switch careers to being a back dancer. It'd be such an embarrassment to the country if she was advanced overseas tsk tsk
8. [+57, -2] Her image has dropped too low for recovery... She was in the middle with Bubble Pop and now she's just dropped. Please.. sing..
9. [+55, -4] I really... really... don't want to hate on her... but her song was so comparable to Ga-In...... I couldn't help but cringe the entire time watching.
10. [+52, -18] What even is the point of that song?? Ga-In and Hyuna's performances are both sexy but Ga-In has a good song so I listen to it anyway but I hate Hyuna's voice in her song... and more than anything, I don't even know what the point of her song is
This article is an editorial talking about how Suzy is basically putting food on the table for JYP Entertainment with her popularity lately. The writer mentions that Park Jin Young's movie didn't do so well and 2PM is still recovering from their scandal with Nichkhun on top of miss A not living up to expectations with their recent comeback.
Meanwhile, Suzy is still highly popular and much loved by the public, making headlines everywhere she goes and everything she does, etc, basically making her the sole breadwinner for the entire company.
1. [+434, -66] Well, let's start with the beginning of the year where those JJ Project guys completely screwed up their drama as well as their album, and then Jang Wooyoung, who also failed with his solo album, and then Park Jin Young, who also failed with his movie, and then miss A, who is also failing to garner any type of response with their comeback. It's looking dark for JYP this year.
2. [+408, -40] Hul... broadcast halls really said that all they want from JYP is Suzy... How did JYP drop this low...
3. [+406, -51] Park Jin Young needs to focus more these days... All of the songs he's been making for JYP are really weird... They're not even fun or have any type of feel...
4. [+88, -14] If JYP didn't send the Wonder Girls to America and didn't kick Jay Park out of 2PM, then JYP would be at the head of everything right now...
5. [+77, -17] 2PM became nobodies the minute they became 6PM and 2AM has no future left to their career even if they're not a part of JYP anymore. miss A hit it too big right from the start that they're not able to live up to that anymore.. and the Wonder Girls have been pushed back by a lot of the other girl groups. Compared to SM and YG, JYP hasn't been advancing, but rather declining... So they are no longer a part of the 'Big 3'.
1. [+613, -362] Honestly speaking, a lot of the more popular stars have completely skipped the reflection part, but these guys reflected for 8 months. I'm not trying to say what they did was right but conclusively, the interviewers in that interview set up a situation where they responded/acted in such a manner. They were at the top of their game with 'Nanrina' when the scandal erupted and they had to shave their head and go into reflection so how frustrating must it have been?
They already apologized and promised to win everyone back over with their music so if you're going to tell these kids that you hate them, at least write it up as criticism instead of hate or stop altogether.
There are a lot more kids worse than Block B doing just fine. People are so quick to scream double standards and defend idols with big fandoms, but to rookies like Block B, they're even quicker to throw the blame on them, telling them to fu*k off or that they're lame.
If you guys are really that bored to leave comments like that, just go grab a one night and strangle yourself.
2. [+512, -263] I like their song. It's exciting and catchy. Fighting to Block B's song.
3. [+501, -281] I wish people would stop telling them to reflect more. There are other stars that haven't reflected at all. They were wrong, yeah, but they have a lot of talents. I hope their song does well this time.
4. [+81, -39] Block B did make a rather big mistake but they shaved their hair, uploaded an apology video, and had a short reflection period. It's time they're given another chance. They were so careful when speaking on Beatles Code... If such a scandal were to erupt again, yeah it's okay to turn your backs on them then, but for now, it'd be better to just watch over them.
5. [+74, -37] It seems they've gotten more talented with this comeback. I hope they manage their condition well and show great performances!
1. [+727, -33] Didn't he say on Strong Heart once that he is the first idol to have met and introduced the parents of his girlfriend? -_- and now.. he's saying he's not so sure about marriage? How upset the girlfriend must be..
2. [+630, -33] Fool, that is disrespectful to your girlfriend... Think of all the times you talked about her on TV tsk tsk
3. [+566, -31] So was he just putting on a show when he said on TV and interviews so many times that he was going to marry her??? Because he wanted attention? Or is it now that there are less Super Junior articles, he's trying to bring forth his gagdol title and trying to bring them back with stunts like this??
4. [+55, -1] Then why did you say you were going to on Strong Heart, are you kidding me? ㅡㅡ
5. [+53, -2] Shindong's mouth says such unnecessary things
1. [+496, -52] Seungyeon really put food on the table for KARA in the beginning of their career... Not only did she do shows on public channels, but everything else from music programs to even computer game shows.
2. [+294, -62] Seungyeon's pretty
3. [+315, -143] But... I'm sure, child, that you'd rather have no schedules once you actually experience hell for yourself..
Just a friendly reminder... Comments on this blog do not represent the majority opinion of Koreans and should not be taken as an example of Korean sentiment on any of the topics presented. They are just one facet, one view of the many different views that exist. Please read the FAQ for more info.
- Don't feed the trolls in the comments. - Please be respectful to one another.