Pann: It's too hard for female idols to win #1 on music shows right now..
Honestly, Suzy has a lot of male fans and EXO is marketed towards the teen-early twenties female crowd so I think their popularity in general is on equal level... but no matter how many men like an idol, they're never going to lie to their parents to buy an album while I noticed a lot of EXO-L lying to their parents to buy their albums...
With the difference in how male and females act, it's currently unfair for female idols and makes it impossible for them to win #1 on music shows.
Digital songs are easily downloadable and accessible by men but men rarely ever buy a physical copy... Realistically, considering the circumstances, I think EXO and miss A are both equal in popularity and both deserve a co-#1.
1. [+216, -13] I don't get why people are saying lower the physical album points. They've lowered it to the lowest point possible. Digital score is 2.5 times more than physical on Music Core, 13 times more on Music Bank, and 11 times more on Inkigayo. It only accounts for 5% of the points while digital points are like 50% or over that... and if girl groups still can't win, it's not the point system that's the blame but just the fact that they can't win. The physical points are even only this low because the public kept whining about how wins were based on physical sales, what more do you want?
2. [+207, -22] miss A = EXO in real life popularity???? What're you talking about, miss A is famous for not having group fans. They even lost in text votes to Lovelyz.
3. [+203, -12] Their popularities are not at all equal in real life... It's unfair to say that miss A = EXO in music show wins just because men don't buy albums. Then why even release physical albums at all? It's all to help the artist more and give them another avenue for income in the end. It's the male idol fans after all that is even keeping a sinking album market alive...
4. [+63, -3] Soshi's male fans buy enough albums ㅋㅋㅋㅋ If Soshi's male fans can buy albums, then miss A's can too ㅋㅋㅋ and doesn't Suzy have a lot of female fans too? Why aren't they buying her albums? Why should boy groups take the blame for girl groups having 'light fans'?
5. [+54, -2] But honestly, miss A benefit a lot off of competing against EXO because EXO's fandom is in a lot of fights with other fandoms so other fandoms will just support miss A. My friend doesn't even like miss A but she was streaming their song for them ㅠ
6. [+52, -1] It all balances out in the end. Female idol groups shoot to fame faster and earn more attention and even non-fans/general public are interested and attracted to articles about them. They have better opportunities to get their name out there.
7. [+42, -3] Suzy has tons of personal fans but there is no fan that supports the entire group ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ don't deny reality, EXO =/= miss A ㅋㅋㅋㅋ more like EXO = Suzy.. miss A has absolutely no popularity as a group and lost to Lovelyz in text votes.
8. [+35, -1] The physical album points were lowered in the final point reflection because of SNSD and if girl groups still are struggling to win, that's on them and not boy group fans ㅋㅋㅋㅋ