Woman in 20s shares her experience post-recovery from the virus




Article: "The real pain came after I was discharged" A real life account from a woman in her 20s who recovered from the virus and quit her job

Source: Money Today via Nate

Article talks about a post from a woman sharing her experience in recovering from the virus. She was infected by a co-worker who caught it from an Itaewon club. "I didn't need any special type of treatment, and recovered in about 37 days. I was discharged after two tests came back negative. At the time, I had my period for 10 days along with diarrhea and loss of smell and taste, but my doctor said my recovery was on the fast end so I was able to leave."

She then wrote, "But the real pain came after my discharge, which led me to quit my job to further take care of my health at home. I can't breathe if I get even a bit too physical, and I get migraines that stem from my nose to my head. Because of my loss of senses, I once ate expired food without even knowing. My limbs feel tingly and I have no energy at all."

She stressed the importance of wearing a mask by explaining, "My co-workers and I took off our masks when we were eating and I think that's when we all became infected. I hope that people realize how much you're exposing yourself to danger when you're at restaurants or cafes. Fortunately, because I was vigilant about keeping my mask on everywhere else, my family and boyfriend all tested negative."

-

1. [+1,556, -28] Even a young person who technically recovered from the virus will suffer symptoms for the rest of their life..;; I have no words for the people who are going around without a mask because they think it's just a simple cold. We really need to put more accounts like this in the media so that the 'no mask people' will see how important this is.

2. [+1,234, -21] I have been hearing about how bad the aftermath of recovery is but I didn't know it was this bad. Let's all be careful to not catch it in the first place.

3. [+1,128, -15] The biggest priority right now is not catching it in the first place.. ㅠㅠ.. once you catch it, these symptoms might be with you for life... ㅠ

4. [+37, -3] "The virus is easier spread not by strangers but by the people closest to you" I hope this wakes up people who are thinking "hey, it's just us" or "we're family after all (when they live in separate houses)"... let's please all be careful.

5. [+22, -0] Chuseok is starting to worry me. There are so many new cases of asymptomatic spreaders. Can you imagine all the families gathering at Chuseok... sigh, there's no right answer.

-

Source: Naver

1. [+3,810, -32] We need more of this in the news. Instead of focusing on the numbers of recoveries... we need to show that a recovery isn't what's important. We need people to be more aware and careful.

2. [+1,254, -21] She must want to kill her co-workers who went clubbing

3. [+842, -27] The aftermath is this bad but people still think that the virus is just a simple cold, and I'm truly worried for them

4. [+605, -25] If you catch this in your twenties, you might possibly have to suffer symptoms for the next 70 years of your life. Stop thinking that this couldn't be you and running around outside!!!

5. [+83, -2] We need more stories from people who have recovered from the virus. It's not late, we need more TV coverage on this.

-

Source: Daum

1. [+3,470, -73] Please bring upon these symptoms to Jun Kwang Hoon too

2. [+1,933, -34] People can share these stories all they want, I'm about to go crazy because of the people who flat out refuse to listen

3. [+1,569, -59] These stories can be shared everywhere but won't matter when people like Jun Kwang Hoon and his followers don't listen. The virus will never be over.

4. [+1,168, -7] Instead of suffering your entire life with symptoms, let's pleas ejust wear our masks outside

5. [+1,232, -86] Hopefully all the grandmas and grandpas still going to church will read this and think

-