Psy expresses his pride in BTS



Article: Psy, who was #2 for 7 weeks on Billboards' singles chart, comments on BTS' #1 "Finally, I'm so proud of them"

Source: Kyunghyang News via Naver

1. [+1,217, -105] Exporting culture has 100 times more influence than exporting a product. BTS is our pride. We are a country who holds BTS, something that Japan and China are even jealous of...

2. [+870, -307] I'm more proud of Psy. He managed to get #2 without any fandom but simply because every age group all over the world purely liked his song...

3. [+378, -151] I'm proud of them, too. Why are we sending them to the army? They'd be more help to our country without having to serve.

4. [+238, -15] I remember four years ago, my friend in Turkey asked me to send her some BTS related products. I didn't know who BTS was at the time but now they're a top group known worldwide. Congratulations.

5. [+59, -5] BTS is only ever put on the backburner by media outlets in our own country. I guess it takes getting #1 on the Billboard to finally be featured on the main pages...

6. [+46, -0] So proud of them. Congratulations, BTS.

7. [+48, -4] BTS is just killing it

8. [+40, -3] I remember how amazing it was when Psy got to #2 back in 2012... for the times~~~

9. [+26, -2] A boyband getting #1 on the Billboard was New Kids on the Block with 3 songs and N'SYNC with 1 song. Then in 20 years, we have BTS. Even the Backstreet Boys don't have any songs at #1, or groups like Take That, Westlife, and Boyzone.

10. [+38, -15] Exempt BTS from the army. They have brought more honor to this country than any gold medal at the Asian Games. Our country will lose more by having them serve.

-