Army discusses BTS setting precedent in light of changing times


Article: "BTS army special treatment? Will be debating all sides in reflection of current times"

Source: Star News via Nate

1. [+2,606, -272] I'm a BTS fan. I would personally like it if they were granted exemptions and were able to promote without any periods of hiatus, but as a fan, I want them to serve proudly. I know that if they set precedence for a new military exemption for people in the arts, any future issue that arises with this exemption will have BTS' name dragged around since they set the precedent for it. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't BTS setting the precedent for it but I don't want this new exemption to be set for BTS...

2. [+2,317, -227] As someone who served in '12, I don't have a problem with BTS not serving, especially if they're famous enough to be changing laws in other countries ㅋㅋ I'm just wondering what the standards will be for this new exemption. There are already so many celebrities corrupting the system, I'm scared that celebrities without any influence or skills will be granted the exemption too ㅋㅋ

3. [+1,815, -543] What is there to debate?? At all?? Are these guys not Korean men? Why should they be above the law?

4. [+133, -86] If this is based on bringing honor to our country, then they've done more than any athlete has

5. [+114, -34] I'm a BTS fan and I acknowledge that they're doing so much for the country but I don't think it's fair that they be granted exemptions or special perks just because they're famous celebrities...

6. [+104, -11] Just do it by the rules, send them to serve... Who knows what will happen later? What if we grant a bunch of people exemptions and something happens later??

7. [+96, -8] BTS has always said that they will serve when it's their time to serve. They've never once even talked about being granted exemptions. I don't know why BTS keeps getting dragged into all these army discussions. Please just leave them alone.

8. [+60, -3] The exemption would make no sense. These guys are just doing what makes them money.. If we start handing out excuses like this, there'd be no end to them.

9. [+49, -6] Not this again. BTS is staying quiet, why is everyone else dragging them into the issue?

10. [+41, -5] As if, they have to serve

-