Article: Zion T, "My lyrics were definitely NOT intending to put down idols, please don't be mad"
Source: Newsen via Nate
Lyrics in question: "I wish I was an idol / A handsome guy who can dance / all I'd need to do was sing about love / and if I can't dance, just take it off / Yeah oh yeah oh yeah / Oh yeah oh yeah / I love you, you drive me crazy, handsome / Oh yeah oh yeah / That's all I'd need to do"
1. [+775, -54] I don't get how people interpreted the lyrics as a put down to idols when it's just back and forth banter from the perspective of a man with a lot of complexes and the envy he feels about idols and GD responding to it by saying "I'm an idol" and talking about how he doesn't have complexes ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+648, -46] I listened to the song and the lyrics are just a back and forth between a man with a ton of complexes vs GD
3. [+574, -32] Did everyone actually listen to the lyrics though? At least listen before you blindly hate. It's not actually putting down idols, rather calling out people who suffer from issues with complexes and envy. I doubt GD would've featured on the song if it was actually putting down idols.
4. [+44, -3] I'm more surprised that GD is a hyung to Zion T
5. [+27, -9] Even if it was an idol diss, it's not like he said anything wrong ㅋㅋ why should Zion T get hate
6. [+25, -9] Sounded like a diss to me ㅋㅋ but the sad part is that what he said is true.. ㅋㅋ
7. [+24, -4] The lyrics are a back and forth diss between him and GD ㅋㅋㅋ Stupid idol fans getting all worked up over nothing ㅋㅋㅋ you have to admit you're mad because what he said is true ㅋㅋ
8. [+23, -0] Even if it is an idol diss, I don't know why he should get hate for that? ㅋㅋㅋ
9. [+23, -0] The fact that idol fans are mad just means that they admit that what he said is true ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ They admit that idols aren't talented enough to sing so they have to strip or dance ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ "How dare you say that about my oppa!!!!" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
10. [+19, -1] He's right though, idols resort to taking their clothes off to get popular if they can't sing ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
11. [+19, -2] I actually thought it was really cool how GD's lyrics came right after saying "I'm an idol and I'm your complex"... something really only he can say
12. [+16, -1] But don't most people think this about idols? Other than the main vocal, the other members are barely distinguishable from a dancer or a singer. Of course fans will be able to tell them all apart and think they're pretty or handsome or whatever.. but Zion T is right with what he said and I think fans are feeling it where it hurts
13. [+16, -9] I actually found his lyrics hilarious, first time I burst out laughing while listening to a song ㅋㅋㅋㅋ felt like itching a scratch
14. [+15, -0] But it's true? ㅋㅋ I actually wish more people would say stuff like this about idols. You have no idea whether these idols are singers or back dancers and it's hilarious to me how when you look them up on Naver, they're listed as 'singers' ㅋㅋㅋ aren't they embarrassed?
15. [+13, -0] Anyone who got mad over the lyrics just proved themselves to be a fool. The lyrics are so easy to understand and yet people are still mad.