Article: An idol fails yet again at a sexy concept
Source: Joongang Ilbo via Nate
1. [+695, -124] In my eyes, Hong Jin Young who sings trot has a prettier face and better proportions than her. Feels like IOI fans are so blinded by the IOI buff because you honestly wouldn't consider her a pretty face, right...?;;
2. [+544, -50] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Trying so hard
3. [+439, -41] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+49, -6] The amount of effort it's taking for her brings tears to my eyes... find strength
5. [+47, -9] You need to at least be over 160 cm tall to look sexy. Anyone shorter and it's like dressing a kid in adult clothing.
6. [+41, -1] I have a feeling Yoojung will never match the sexy concept, even after she ages
7. [+39, -16] Doesn't she look like Psy though?
8. [+37, -5] You need a certain amount of height to pull off a sexy look ㅎㅎㅎ
9. [+33, -9] Thought I was watching 'Gag Concert' for a second ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
10. [+27, -5] Even among the average person on the street, her looks would be considered below average
Article: 'Produce 101' Choi Yoojung proved she wasn't your average kid from the start of the show
Source: Joongang Ilbo via Nate
1. [+272, -20] It was actually Kim Sejung everyone noticed as the person to look out for... Jun Somi was under JYP so she was like the final boss whereas Choi Yoojung got a lot of flak for being center at the time...
2. [+207, -32] When the 'Pick Me' MV first came out, I saw so many articles with titles like 'Produce 101 Choi Yoojung, the best center beauty ever' and 'Produce 101 center Choi Yoojung's innocent beauty all kills girl groups' so I searched her up and saw a few of her photos and closed out
3. [+130, -11] How many Choi Yoojung articles are we getting today? Stop with this media play
4. [+25, -2] If Choi Yoojung wants to be in a successful girl group, she needs a separate member like Jun Somi next to her who can be the face of the group because the internet always calls her ugly and all but she was actually at the top in terms of popularity in both 'Produce 101' and IOI. The important thing to realize is that she alone can't hard carry a group, which was shown at the beginning of the show when she earned a lot of personal votes but her battle team completely failed. She needs another member with enough name value to carry a stage that she can't.
5. [+24, -5] I still find her whole concept pretty cringe.. the way she was looking for sympathy by crying and saying she doesn't fit in because she's an introvert... it seemed so fake
6. [+23, -1] It's undeniable that she was popular during 'Produce 101' and IOI, she was at a stable top 3. She's definitely popular among the crowd who's into her type of looks, just that the problem is that she lacks recognition from the public. The public is always calling her ugly but that's not really an issue because her fans know that too and give her pet names like 'busted cutie. Even she calls herself ugly and that is actually the one factor that unites her fans and stuff. With IOI already having Jun Somi as the face of the group, the other members with otaku fans like Choi Yoojung and Kim Sohye could get by fan but now that they're alone without 'face stars', it's going to be interesting to see how far they get with just their otaku fans alone.
7. [+14, -3] I'm pretty sure the only attention she got in the beginning was for being the ugliest out of the 101...
8. [+14, -5] Her media play is out of this world lately
9. [+10, -0] Seems Fantagio is aiming to push Yoojung from their new girl group
10. [+7, -1] Joongang Ilbo's been putting out a lot of articles about her lately