Article: SBS drama director, "All this excessive stereotyping against IU is not right"
Source: OSEN via Nate
1. [+2,288, -160] If you stay quiet, at least you break even...
2. [+2,279, -195] She's bad so we're calling her bad, what stereotype is he whining about
3. [+2,102, -187] Uh ㅋㅋㅋㅋ does he honestly think we're being like this because of stereotypes? We saw the results and we're rightfully criticizing it, how ridiculous ㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+230, -8] "Stereotype" ㅋㅋㅋ This isn't some cable drama, she's been a lead three times already and she's still this bad, which means she's just bad ㅋㅋㅋ I honestly don't watch dramas often so I don't care if she's bad since I can just choose not to watch it but IU's been getting hate since her pedo concept and hasn't even apologized or reflected for it and thinks she can shoot a drama with her crappy acting skills just like that? Poor Lee Jun Ki who has to suffer for her..
5. [+220, -7] Why is even the director coming out to take a big sh*t on it
6. [+214, -7] Ah daebak ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Now even the drama director is coming out to defend her. IU really must have a way with seducing people. I still remember a few celebrities back then like Yoo Hee Yeol and Heo Ji Woong who defended her during her lolita scandal too!
7. [+202, -6] The more the drama PDs and directors defend her, the harsher the public will be with her. People aren't hating her for no reason. Look at Lee Byung Hun, people praise his acting because he's good even despite all his scandals.
8. [+160, -7] Viewer ratings will reign supreme in the end~ poor Lee Jun Ki ㅠㅠ
9. [+149, -4] This is insane, is it even necessary for the director to come out and defend her? ㅋㅋ Daebak! Just how much hate is she getting? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
10. [+149, -4] The female lead is ruining the drama, what's the director's cut going to help at all? ㅋㅋ Furthermore, that EXO member is just pouring oil on the fire right now
11. [+147, -10] Their viewer ratings are sh*t so they've been releasing director's cuts and rebroadcasting ㅎㅎㅎㅎ who are you going to blame the viewer ratings on then?
12. [+133, -5] Whoever is backing her must be really powerful
13. [+128, -3] The double standards are hilarious. The director would've never cast IU if she wasn't an idol but now they don't want viewers to view her as an idol? ㅋㅋㅋWhy the hell are we supposed to watch her "grow" as an actress on TV? We're not watching some actor training program, we're watching a drama. Nana was an idol turned actor for the first time this time too and she got a lot of praise and great viewer ratings. Don't blame your miscasting of IU on the viewers.
14. [+116, -5] Ugh, this makes me hate her more
15. [+102, -2] Isn't it your fault in the first place for casting an idol with a lolita controversy?
Article: 'Moon Lovers' Lee Ji Eun's growth, can she change the minds of the highly critical viewers?
Source: OSEN via Nate
1. [+931, -114] Instead of media playing in this manner, IU needs to apologize for all of her lolita controversies, study up child protection laws, and promise to reflect while asking viewers to give her another chance with this drama. The main demographic of dramas are older women with kids... how do you think those mothers will view her with children of their own when she has lolita scandals?
2. [+799, -65] Nope, won't change our minds, go back
3. [+790, -64] Just go back to singing. Don't think that you can coast by with your average looks and skills somehow. People like Sung Yuri and Kang Min Kyung could coast by with their bad acting skills because their visuals would blow most actresses aside. What do you have going for you? Are you pretty? Do you have an amazing body? Is your acting daebak? There are already other actresses with your style like Park Bo Young and Shim Eun Kyung, how do you think you can survive that? ㅋㅋ
4. [+72, -3] Viewers gave her a chance with 3 episodes. I'm going back to 'Gurumi' after today... this drama can keep playing the blame game.
5. [+65, -3] She's honestly so greedy. She's bad at acting but keeps wanting to do it. Stop being greedy.
Article: First IU and now Baekhyun criticized for acting... the viewers are cold
Source: Sports Korea via Nate
1. [+1,034, -29] Yunho~ Onew~ and now Baekhyun's next? SM just keeps producing crappy actors to continue down the line
2. [+949, -20] He really is lacking and awkward. I think if another actor had taken his role, they would've pulled off the character better.
3. [+799, -25] I don't know if it's because of his square jaw but his pronunciation is off
4. [+73, -3] The drama obviously meant to forego Korean viewer ratings and just export it off to China
5. [+72, -1] People are criticizing his acting so EXO fans are randomly trying to defend him by saying "the character is originally supposed to be like that ㅠㅠ" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+66, -2] Song Joong Ki is good at characters like this, especially if you've seen him in 'Sungkyunkwan Scandal'.
7. [+64, -18] At least Baekhyun is the supporting role... what about IU
8. [+53, -4] Please don't shield him just because you're a fan. Sure acting is probably hard for him since he's a singer but when I see his fans blindly defending him calling rightful criticism hate comments and telling viewers not to watch if they don't like it just turns me off. You realize a lot of the viewers for this drama are only watching for Lee Jun Ki and Kang Ha Neul? But with the female lead and this supporting guy ruining the drama with their acting, that's what's pissing all of us off.
9. [+31, -2] I saw the Naver cast comments and it's a mess over there with all his fans calling him cute and good~ ㅋㅋ you fans really have no shame ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I get that this drama is meant to be sold to China but I don't even want that because this is just plain embarrassing
10. [+28, -3] IU and this kid just make me laugh in disbelief