Article: YG's Black Pink confirms August 8th for debut... diastrophism expected
Source: OSEN via Naver
1. [+2,225, -159] Pretty lackluster effect..
2. [+1,632, -99] Can't trust YG...
3. [+1,540, -99] Finally they're debuting. But it's not like when 2NE1 debuted, it's harder nowadays for girl groups to show anything new. I wonder if YG can come up with a new paradigm for girl groups this time.
4. [+1,679, -209] So when are Bobby and Song Minho's solos? It's going to end up next year at this rate ㅡㅡ
5. [+255, -13] Debuting during the olympics ㅋㅋㅋ I guess it's expected of YG to give up on broadcast promos
6. [+209, -8] I mean YG will debut them but then ignore them like everyone else
7. [+250, -24] YG's girl groups have it difficult in terms of reaching success. It's not a matter of having a good song or visuals or talent. YG just doesn't put them on enough music shows and the hiatuses between releases are too long. On average, you're looking at a year between albums. It's okay for boy groups because fans are loyal but do you think anyone who's fangirling over a girl group is going to wait around a year? It's not like this is WG where they have women in their twenties buying up their digital songs. This isn't the same as when 2NE1 debuted and girl groups were rare, there are tons of girl groups already from smaller agencies with stronger fanbases. It's going to be difficult for YG to succeed if they keep doing what they've been doing.
8. [+206, -13] YG, I'm begging you, this is a rookie group so please treat them like a rookie group and put them on as many TV shows as possible. Stop acting like they're some special artist group that's too good for everything.