Article: 'Abnormal Summit' Foreigners confess what they don't like about Korean culture
Source: Herald Pop via Naver
1. [+2,777, -16] I agree 100% with everything the foreigners said about Korean culture today..
2. [+2,024, -36] Our culture behind celebrating holidays needs to change
3. [+605, -8] What Sujan said about racism in our country is true. Koreans really are too racist, and as if that wasn't enough, Koreans act so submissive when we go to a more advanced country but then super racist to lesser developed countries. That needs to be fixed...
4. [+542, -5] I agreed so hard when he said "The entire world is the happiest on major holidays except for Korea"... so true, holidays are so stressful here~
5. [+439, -2] That part about having some random stranger be the officiant at your wedding is so true ㅋㅋㅋㅋ how backwards of us
6. [+418, -3] I felt so embarrassed having the foreigners point out all of the wrong things about our culture... because they really hit all the right points and it made me feel so naked. Let's start with baby steps like waiting for people to get off the elevator or subway first before getting on!!
7. [+404, -6] Everything they said was right, especially the part about the stigma to people who do things alone. So what if I'm eating alone or watching a movie alone? It's funny that people feel sorry for you when you do things alone. Like Takuya said, people only want to stay in groups instead of minding their own business...
8. [+352, -1] When Sujan said that Koreans discriminate harshly against South East Asian countries for being lesser developed.. it's true, it really is harsh. I felt so bad for Sujan ㅜㅜ
9. [+337, -1] A society that assigns authority based on age... The younger generation needs to try and fix that but instead they also start assuming authority with age too
10. [+225, -4] Sujan I'm so sorry, I apologize on their behalf ㅠㅠ
11. [+208, -0] Like Julian said, Koreans also ride too many trends... and you're looked down upon if you don't like what's trending ㅠㅠ
12. [+200, -4] The senior junior culture of colleges needs to be gotten rid of. Forcing freshmen who barely graduated from high school into drinking crazy amounts, punishing them with alcohol, forcing them to give you respect... it's a dark future when you read about freshmen who die from alcohol poisoning.
13. [+165, -1] A lot of what they said was filtered for the sake of TV but there are a lot of embarrassing things about Korean culture... we need to reflect
14. [+135, -2] Everything they said was right that I don't have anything to say to that...
15. [+139, -4] Koreans are selfish and inconsiderate. They love judging others and assuming authority. So much stress.