Article: How did Twice become the leader of the third generation of girl groups?
Source: Herald Econ via Naver
1. [+269, -30] They have a great balance in terms of numbers for their digital sales, physical sales, YouTube views, and fandom. All of the members are individually unique, nobody really sticks out like a sore thumb. Their music videos make you feel good, their fan service is excellent on V app and fan signings. I really hope they keep grounded in their roots and continue to grow as a group that is loved~!!! :) ^0^~~~~!!
2. [+246, -28] Their biggest pro is that they communicate well with their fans. Other groups do too but they don't. They'll sleep for only two hours just so they can V app with their fans and hold fan signings for 2-3 hours at a time, making sure to give every fan that came eye contact and conversation. Jihyo also made sure to take care of Once's parents on parents' day.
3. [+218, -22] Twice~ cheer up~ shashasha~ you can't only listen to their song once! It's a big big hit song.
4. [+134, -14] All 9 members are charming and uniquely pretty in different ways! Their song is good too
5. [+128, -14] Like the article says, they have achieved the perfect formula for idol success with digital + physical sales + YouTube views. There's no other group other than Big Bang and Soshi who have these three down pat. They're a girl group that's sure to set records.
6. [+54, -4] I went to their Bookyung University festival performance and people were waiting since 10 ㅜㅜㅜ Everyone around me were men though ㅋㅋ
7. [+53, -5] Shashasha~
8. [+33, -0] JYP's girl groups always manage to become the #1 of their generations. They're always strong digitally so it's not a surprise that Twice is too but for them to also be strong in physical album sales + fandom and international fandom numbers is what makes them really daebak...
9. [+28, -0] It's not only the Korean market they're doing well in but the international market too. They get so many foreign YouTube comments that you can tell this group is for sure not your average group.
10. [+30, -2] They've been #1 on the digital charts for 4 weeks now! Their debut track is still at #20 and they've passed 100,000 physical sales. Mina, Sana, and Momo have secured the Japanese fanbase and Tzuyu's Taiwanese fame needs no further explanation!