Article: Goo Hara gave a fan gift to a friend? Controversy over 'where the wine went'
Source: YTN via Nate
1. [+1,360, -40] It's the idiots who give celebrities gifts who are the fools in the end ㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+1,130, -161] I see some people arguing that once you gift something, it's no longer yours and that the person can do whatever they want with it but I don't think that applies to fan gifts. She knew that fans gave it to her for her to drink so for her to just give it away just makes the fans feel like a fool... Person to person, you just don't do that. I completely understand why her fans would feel upset...
3. [+865, -75] Just put yourself in the fan's shoes. If you had given someone a gift and you found out that they gave it to someone else, how would you feel??? Would you really be cool about it and think "Well I gave it to them and it's no longer mine so it's okay..."
4. [+83, -7] Both Goo Hara and her friend handled this stupidly. Why brag about it on SNS?
5. [+82, -4] Joo Sang Wook was worse than Goo Hara after all. Demanded to his fans that he wanted his gifted jacket in a smaller size so that he can give it to his girlfriend ㅋㅋ the betrayal is real. Goo Hara and Joo Sang Wook, why bother doing something that you know you'll get caught for? So stupid
6. [+79, -2] Wait, so that friend actually admitted that the gift was given to Goo Hara by fans? ㅋㅋ Is she a friend or an anti??
7. [+63, -10] Goo Hara proves to be as dumb as ever
8. [+45, -7] But considering the volume of gifts that celebrities get, I reckon it's difficult to make use of all of them. Jo Seung Woo-ssi outright denies fan gifts and people still found ways to complain about that. I think fans should just stop giving gifts knowing that stars like Goo Hara and lots of others just give them away to others.
Article: Goo Hara responds to giving away fan gift controversy, "I can't drink so I gave it to a friend"
Source: Mydaily via Nate
1. [+1,608, -62] What do you mean you can't drink? I saw you coming out of Chungdamdong after a huge round of drinks with your friends
2. [+1,191, -30] What a waste of money, I'll never get why fans bother sending celebrities gifts when they probably drink wine that's a hundred times more expensive anyway. Just stick to buying their albums.
3. [+1,061, -34] So that fan didn't even know whether Goo Hara drank or not and still gifted hr wine???? I feel like if the fan's close enough to gift her something, they'd know if she was a drinker or not.....
4. [+98, -9] It wasn't even soju or whiskey but wine... she can't drink wine??? So she gave it away?? She calls that an excuse? Whatever fans, you keep buying her gifts, as if she cares about you...
5. [+93, -8] Why would her fans be crazy enough to buy her wine when she can't drink it
6. [+57, -4] Goo Hara's got quite the famous past though... drinking beer as a high schooler, and that pension scandal ㅋㅋㅋ we all know she plays hard so why is she bothering with the "I can't drink" excuse.. and it's just wine to boot.
7. [+40, -4] What is she saying? All of the pictures of her with friends are in private rooms at pubs ㅋㅋㅋㅋ can't drink my butt
8. [+31, -6] Reminds me of Suzy. She was gifted so many stuffed animals that she told her fans she would be donating them to kids in need and fans were understanding. I can see why Goo Hara's fans would be upset considering the wine went AWOL and ended up on some friend's Instagram.