Article: YG, "Gong Minzy will be leaving 2NE1... group will maintain itself with no additional members"
Source: Star News via Nate
1. [+1,391, -67] So when is Park Bom being thrown in jail?
2. [+1,124, -162] In my opinion, Minzy is leaving YG because she's sick of their corruption. On the outside already, she's had to deal with Park Bom's drug scandal and the public can see so many things wrong already, Minzy probably knows more because she's actually working with them on the inside. Imagine how much she's seen already. YG's a powerful agency and yet their staff still couldn't keep her from leaving... the fact that she's still leaving shows that she doesn't like YG anymore after being with them.
3. [+939, -64] YG just seems so crazy to me. They hid a drug smuggler for 5 years and didn't even bat an eyelash when they got caught. Now the wrong member is leaving and YG's using her as noise marketing to talk about the group's new summer comeback ㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+116, -2] Poor Minzy, she has nearly a 10 year age gap with the oldest unni of the group and yet the unni's the one causing all the scandals so she can't say anything
5. [+110, -0] I'm more shocked that YG renewed Park Bom's contract than the fact that Minzy's leaving. YG is so unpredictable.
6. [+103, -4] What does YG intend to do with a 3 member 2NE1? CL's going to be the only one doing everything from rapping to stage presence. What is Sandara who has no talent going to do? What is drug smuggler Park Bo going to do?
7. [+87, -1] The most sane member of the group is leaving
8. [+71, -6] The member that they need the most is leaving
1. [+15,748, -525] Let's all agree on one truth here and it's that one member ruined the entire group, tsk tsk
2. [+14,105, -525] Minzy probably felt like she was back to being a YG trainee... Yang CEO, this is not the time for you to be focusing on adding actor contracts to the company. Do you care about 2NE1 at all? Do you think it's easy to get a girl group like that?
3. [+10,912, -441] I don't get why YG is keeping Park Bom
4. [+10,699, -513] What the;;; YG should be kicking Park Bom, what is wrong with them?
5. [+8,883, -459] Park Bom is so shameless. She's not leaving when it's her fault that the group is suffering like this ㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+2,847, -67] YG talks as if it's because of Minzy that the entire group couldn't renew their contracts ㅋㅋㅋㅋ We all know it's because of another member
7. [+2,711, -54] Minzy-ya, succeed and shove it in their faces
8. [+2,663, -38] I bet YG only cares about CL from 2NE1 anyway..
Article: Fan reactions to 2NE1 Minzy's leave
Source: X Sports News via Nate
1. [+668, -26] She made the right choice. The more 2NE1 tries to promote with Park Bom, the more their popularity will tank. She's better off being a solo than staying in a company with no opportunities. Minzy has a great voice so I hope she becomes a singer like Gummy and succeeds with a ballad or something.
2. [+541, -20] I don't know what the future holds for her but I think she made the right choice. Everyone agrees on one thing and it's that she's talented so fighting!
3. [+435, -18] What's disgusting about YG is that they caused this entire mess and stayed quiet all along only to come out and use her as media play for 2NE1's summer comeback ㅋㅋ and I'm sure they'll noise market the crap out of it using Park Bom like MC Mong did by using his scandal to sell his song
4. [+28, -0] Honestly, YG played so dirty this time around. They're the ones who kept her on the backburner so long and it wouldn't have hurt for them to give Minzy an amicable farewell from the company but instead they started leaking to the media that she was requesting huge contract numbers. And why would you talk about 2NE1's summer comeback while announcing her leave... If the group was actually preparing for a comeback, they'd have to be busy with the prep right now and would Minzy have thought about leaving if that was true? It's like they're dumping all of the blame on her and just made up some story to match. YG's the type of company where you're only family if they need you otherwise they'll throw you to the side...
5. [+28, -2] At this point I'm wondering what kind of deep, deep relationship Park Bom has with YG
Article: 'Overcoming mountain over mountain' three things that 2NE1 needs to overcome
Source: News 1 via Naver
1. [+4,960, -112] Their issue with Park Bom is the biggest. So sad about Minzy leaving, she was a good singer and dancer~
2. [+4,261, -99] Why is the innocent member leaving...;; good luck to Minzy elsewhere
3. [+3,557, -221] Sacrificing the maknae instead of Park Bom, tsk
4. [+3,220, -173] Not looking forward to 2NE1 like I used to in the past anymore. They had this force that could swallow the music market whole but that's long been forgotten with their hiatus and Park Bom barely reflected at all for her scandal. I feel like if they try any type of media play at all before their comeback, I'm just going to hate them more.
5. [+2,119, -112] Like the article says, 2NE1's team color is no longer unique. What're they going to stand before the public as?
6. [+543, -5] Gong Minzy is still only a '94er. Other girl group members that age are still promoting actively but she's been stuck with a group of '84ers and couldn't even promote.
7. [+499, -21] Sandara's only in the group for her face. As a celebrity, she has zero talent. Singing, dancing, variety? Sucks at all of them. Park Bom's the problem of the group. CL gets all this support. Minzy was the odd one out... sigh.
8. [+393, -20] If Yang CEO had a brain, he wouldn't have renewed Park Bom's contract and added a new vocalist member to the three instead to cleanse the group's image. You should be cutting the rotten part out otherwise the entire fruit feels like it's rotten.