Article: [Exclusive] INFINITE parts ways with S... Woollim confirms split with SM C&C
Source: OSEN via Nate
1. [+215, -15] The article is providing misinformation once again. Woollim is not completely separating from SM but rather just restructuring their organization and being divided. They're still under SM as their agency because SM still holds all of their stocks. To make it easier to understand, it's like LG's cellphone department splitting into become 'LG Cell Phones' but as a company, they're still under LG. It's just another way simplify business management and cut down on taxes.
2. [+259, -60] Took only a moment for INFINITE to be forgotten...
3. [+141, -17] They're just splitting who manages their global music distribution and other business things, they're still under SM C&C. It's just putting management under a different formal name but nothing changes.
4. [+59, -34] Well they're under SM but management has always been different. I noticed that INFINITE's comeback overlapped with SM singers and stuff too.
5. [+21, -16] Poor Ryu Soojung ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+14, -0] Didn't know until today that INFINITE's under SM
7. [+14, -2] The company's just being split up, SM C&C still holds 100% of Woollim's stocks. This split is SM's plan of growing Woollim even bigger.
8. [+14, -10] Soojung-ah, you're not SM anymore, got it?
1. [+4,705, -40] Yes ㅋㅋㅋ let's go our separate ways
2. [+3,929, -45] Should've never merged in the first place...
3. [+4,931 .-605] That Ryu Soojung kid's probably sad now ㅋㅋ she bragged about being under SM ㅋㅋ
4. [+1,992, -35] Let's go our separate ways and go for our own styles
5. [+572, -18] They were never really under SM anyway, really just used them for their distribution system...
6. [+507, -11] I seriously don't know what Woollim gained out of their time in the merger but I'm glad they're separate now
7. [+494, -51] I'm glad, it made me so upset to see Woollim treated like they were below them
8. [+370, -18] I'm so happy, INFINITE fighting!!!!!!
Article: SM C&C decides to divide Woollim... "Effective response to market changes"
Source: Sports Seoul via Naver
1. [+611, -38] Probably the best thing Woollim's decided all year
2. [+367, -31] Yahoo, hip hip hooray
3. [+309, -22] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ finally!
4. [+322, -39] Trust in Woollim and INFINITE ^^ Will always support them
5. [+46, -3] Please, please just go your separate ways.. please
6. [+55, -7] The article got it wrong last time ㅋㅋ Woollim's CEO already sold the company to SM so Woollim is still technially owned by SM...
7. [+36, -2] Woollim is not completely separating from SM, they're just being divided. They're still wholly under SM because SM still owns all of their stocks. All of this is just to simplify management and taxes.
8. [+36, -2] They're not completely separating from each other. It's more like Woollim's just going to focus on their music content while SM handles their business side of things. It's like if SM C&C were to split from SM, they're still under SM but managed separately.