Article: Thorn Apple's Yoon Sung Hyun apologizes for "uterus smell" controversy "I am not a misogynist"
Source: Kuki News via Nate
One of his friends had wrote on SNS in the past that Yoon Sung Hyun said things like, "I need to leave this country because it has a female president" and "I hate listening to music that smells of uterus." Yoon Sung Hyun clarified that while he indeed said those things, he never meant 'uterus' in a way to put down women or with negative intentions and explained that the word 'uterus' represents his fear of the maternal instinct. Having grown up in a single mother family, he said he was constantly afraid of his mother leaving him and being alone and regarded her as his god in life but also a source of his own fear and trauma, which is why he finds it difficult to listen to music sung by women whose lyrics bring him back to that fear.
1. [+1,967, -54] Uterus smell? This guy can't be normal
2. [+1,812, -53] Where did this fresh psycho come from........
3. [+1,783, -66] So what does a uterus smell like? I have never seen anyone say such a thing.. is he an ilbe member or something?
4. [+199, -5] Well he looks like he'd smell like prostate ㅋㅋ
5. [+184, -8] I'm failing to understand how 'uterus smell' can be interpreted as his fear of maternal instincts. It just sounds like a pathetic excuse. And if what he said is all true, then he has issues with his head.
6. [+160, -4] He's so disgusting ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He realizes he was also born out of that smelly uterus for 10 months, right? He should regard the uterus as something holy but instead he's calling it smelly ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
7. [+150, -4] So is she dating him knowing that he's this kind of person? I don't get it.. I have never in my life heard anyone call a uterus smelly
8. [+135, -8] Yeah, it's all just an excuse. How about you worry about not saying controversial things instead of trying to clarify them. You can't put back spilled water.
9. [+125, -3] So did Park Min Ji know that her boyfriend was this type of person for the year they've been dating? If she did know, then she's just as bad as him.. and if she didn't, the shock must be huge.
10. [+117, -4] He doesn't think his own d*ck is smelly or what? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
11. [+94, -7] His clarification in a nutshell: I do hate women but I have good reason to, listen to me. I grew up under a single mother so I have an ambivalence to women as well as separation anxiety issues which clearly gives me the right to call the uterus smelly.
I don't get why he's blaming his idiocy on his mother. Stop tarnishing the image of single mother families and go act your age. Take responsibility for what you said instead of blaming others.
12. [+93, -4] You could not call a uterus smelly if you had any semblance of a normal education... Bora-ya, you need to leave him.
13. [+78, -3] He tried to make his explanation sound so intelligent and complex...
14. [+64, -6] You were born out of a uterus too you idiot!
15. [+58, -2] If he wants to leave this country because we have a female president, then why is he even dating a woman? He thinks her uterus is smelly but he still needs it for sex?