Pann: The reason Irene shouldn't get hate
The picture was a separate picture of just the SM staff and was not a part of the official pictures of the couple and their friends and family:
1. Red Velvet attended as guests of the groom's side but they're standing on the bride's side. Normally the bride's parents would stand by her side in an official picture.
2. There are a ton of people taking pictures at the front, showing once again that it isn't a main/official picture. Normally everyone would keep that area clear for the photographer to get a clear shot.
Also a text exchange with someone at the wedding:
Thank you for the reply ㅠ So the picture Irene was in was not a main picture but just a special extra for the celebrities?
Yes, it was a separate picture with the celebrities only!! We had other pictures taken with just friends and family!!
1. [+239, -52] Funny how I bet people who've only attended weddings of relatives as kids are arguing over white blouses being rude at a wedding... Please go attend a real wedding and see if no one's wearing white blouses because a white blouse and dark bottom look is really the norm for wedding guest styles. Irene probably dressed like that knowing that she wouldn't be in the main picture.
2. [+201, -23] I thought it was weird from the start. I figured the husband was working with SM or something because their picture was all over SNS without their faces blurred out. Obviously the husband just wanted a special picture with all of his staff and co-workers after all the main pictures with friends and family.
3. [+187, -21] I think it's fine that Irene didn't dress appropriately if this isn't the main picture and just a separate picture for the celebrities and staff. I feel bad that Irene got so much hate for that. Looks like it isn't Irene who needs to apologize but the haters.
4. [+84, -6] I hope the people who commented last time saying Irene ruined the wedding, called her dumb, called her a fox etc are reflecting over their words now ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ you guys are the ones who made her get hate for no reason ㅋㅋㅋ;
5. [+74, -3] More reasons why this picture wouldn't be included in their wedding album: there are a ton of people taking pictures on their cellphone, Red Velvet is on the groom's side but they're next to the bride, there are only celebrities in the picture, and the bride clarified the issue herself on Instagram
6. [+71, -5] I've worked at a wedding hall for 4 years and there are so many women who come wearing white blouses ㅡㅡ;;; as long as it's not a white or bright colored dress, it doesn't really matter... I wonder how many have actually been to a wedding? Women normally dress in white blouses and a skirt.
7. [+49, -2] There were so many hateful comments in the last post not criticizing but straight up hating on Irene, saying she graduated from a low class high school and she's acting low class herself, she's acting like she has no brains, she's not acting her age, she's a fox, etc.
8. [+45, -0] Official wedding pictures are normally taken with the groom and bride's parents in them. Obviously Irene wouldn't be included in that since it's for friends and family. The controversial picture is just a special extra picture for the celebrities which is why people are taking it with their cellphones and all. No reason for Irene to have gotten hate at all.
9. [+30, -0] The original post got over 1,000 upvotes too ㅋㅋㅋㅋ she totally got hate for no reason
10. [+29, -1] This picture wouldn't even be hanging up in the bride's house anyway, it's just a special picture for the celebrities together. There was no issue from the getgo.