Article: [Exclusive] 'Produce 101' 40 more to be eliminated at once after the Lunar New Year holiday
Source: Ilgan Sports via Nate
1. [+481, -20] While someone else is suffering through all sorts of who knows what to get one second on TV, to earn a chance to debut, another is getting a free ride on varieties and dramas just for being the offspring of a celebrity parent. And when people criticize them for it, they cry and whine about how difficult they have it. I feel bad for the kids like this who are trying so hard for just one opportunity.
2. [+396, -20] Isn't this show scripted anyway? ㅋㅋ Even if not all 11, I bet they have at least 4-5 that they know for sure are going to make it to debut. They're the ones who always get the screentime and positive editing. The rest are either maliciously edited or given no attention at all like 'Superstar K'.
3. [+258, -6] I understand how difficult it is to be fair with the screentime distribution since you have to capture every trainee from the popular, pretty ones that are needed in girl groups to the hard working one who's built herself from the bottom up... but I honestly wish the show would just edit out the trainees like the one who dreams of being an actress, not an idol, and the one who can't sing worth beans.. there are way more kids who have their lives on the line than them... unless the show is intentionally giving them screentime so the viewers will hate them.
4. [+30, -7] If this show was meant to give an opportunity to trainees who are talented but their companies don't have the power to promote them, then the show shouldn't have allowed big company trainees to join or at least keep them to a minimum.
5. [+29, -0] The song 'Pick Me' doesn't even require that much vocal talent but so many of them couldn't even sing that ㅠ wouldn't be a bad idea for them to train more before debut
6. [+23, -1] Not sure how the show expects the viewers to pick and vote when they just zoom past the trainees from smaller agencies to give screentime to the headlining ones. There's no explanation for anything and it's all decided by the show in the end what they want the viewers to see... I think for sure Kim Se Jung will get to debut. 'Pick Me Up' is a high tone so even the good singers end up tiring out by the end of the song but she sang well and even smiles a lot too.
7. [+22, -0] They're all so bad... made me realize why the current idols got to debut
8. [+21, -1] The ones who get eliminated this time should just go find other job opportunities because I don't think they have the talent for being an idol at all anyway
9. [+16, -0] Just like how Sixteen was a show solely meant to promote Twice, Produce 101 is a show solely meant to promote a few selected trainees that are already decided for debut.
10. [+12, -1] I agree with the decision, there are a ton of kids who are untalented and not even pretty on the show
11. [+12, -0] This show makes me think agencies just cast pretty faces without a care for their singing talents. Especially that Japanese kid ㅡㅡ she better be eliminated. And it's obvious that Choi Yoo Jung, Somi, and Kim Se Jung are probably already slated for debut.
12. [+12, -0] I doubt there are even 10 talented ones out of the 101