Pann: Pictures that show Red Velvet has gained weight
1. [+107, -23] Red Velvet fans always defend them saying that they're singers and their bodies shouldn't matter but honestly being an idol is a job that requires you to look a certain way and managing your weight is one of the most basic parts of the job. You can't change the way your face looks unless you get plastic surgery but something like your weight is something you can lose.
2. [+100, -32] Wendy's legs are in a more severe state than Joy's
3 [+94,- 9] They're not promoting right now so it's alright for them to gain weight, female idols shouldn't be expected to be skinny all year long...
4. [+88, -24] Isn't managing your weight a basic job as an idol? Not that it's law but idols rely more on their looks, dance, and bodies than their singing skills and that's what idol fans like them for. Does Red Velvet not care about gaining fans... I don't understand why when they're perfectly capable of losing weight.
5. [+71, -6] It's understandable that they'd gain weight when their schedules are so imbalanced. It's because of people like you that female celebrities lose self esteem and become obsessed and pressured with their looks.
6. [+66, -16] People are so hypocritical... they put down idols saying they're singers and should be able to sing but now looks are more important for idols than singing because it's a looks0=-based job?
7. [+65, -2] Idols are not mannequins. They're not required to all have perfect, thin bodies. There are short ones, tall ones, thin ones, chubby ones... they all have different metabolisms just like the rest of us human beings.
8. [+46, -4] People who like them will continue to like them ㅋㅋㅋ Red Velvet is popular in the army and who are we to say whether they manage their weights or not? They're human beings, I'm sure they're tired of having to manage their weights all the time. Even other female idols gain weight when they're on hiatus ㅋㅋㅋ you make it sound like Red Velvet gained 10 kg on their off time or something ㅋㅋㅋ
9. [+40, -2] People will still hate even when idols come back with the weight lost. I remember Pann going crazy after Sulli got thinner for the 'Rum Pum Pum Pum' comeback.
10. [+36, -6] I've never seen a group fail to manage their weights this badly. They all suddenly gained weight after 'Be Natural' and that was just 5 months into their debut ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
11. [+34, -1] You can see in the pictures that their top halves are still thin and it's just their legs that look like they've gained weight so they're either swollen or just naturally thick in the legs. I think Wendy is both. You can see in her past photos that she lost a lot of weight to join SM and SM put her on an even stricter diet to lose weight. I admit that she's gained it back recently but it's not like that has affected her singing skills. I'm sure Wendy will handle the matter on her own. It's not like she'd do nothing about it when she's getting hate comments about it. SM will probably manage it for her.
12. [+30, -2] I don't think we have any need to say anything about their weight gain
13. [+26, -1] They're pretty enough and Wendy and Joy are good singers so I have nothing more to say but they would be more perfect if they lost weight. They're still pretty though.
14. [+25, -1] I admit as a fan too that they gained weight but Wendy said so herself that her weight gain goes to her legs and that it's hard to lose. You can see in the photo that she hasn't gained weight at all in her face and upper half. I'm sure Wendy notices the weight gain as much as we do and SM is going to manage her. Wendy even has abs, it's just her legs that gained it. It's just how Wendy's built, nothing she can do about it.
15. [+24, -2] Taeyeon said that girl groups normally gain a lot of weight in the beginning of their debut... they'll lose it on their own fine enough so no worries.