Article: So is SM going to be winning #1 on the charts every week now? Taeyeon's 'Rain' brings both anticipation and worries
Source: Sports Chosun via Nate
1. [+224, -92] The song's #1 because it's Taeyeon. There's no need to worry about the rest.
2. [+203, -102] No reason to worry. The song hit #1 because it's Taeyeon, there's no one else in SM other than Taeyeon who can hit #1 on the digital charts.
3. [+164, -87] Ooh~ I should go take a listen. I prefer Taeyeon out of all the SM artists ㅋ
4. [+34, -8] Isn't the answer obvious with how miserably Ryeowook's solo failed on the charts? Just because SM's releasing a song every week doesn't guarantee it #1 because the only artists in SM who are guaranteed #1s are Taeyeon and a few members of EXO. The rest of Soshi, SHINee, f(x), and Red Velvet would maybe get in the top 10 and the rest are the top 30 and down. Can't deny it...
5. [+23, -7] I think SM will get hate whether their songs get #1 or not. They'll accuse SM of taking over the market if they do win #1 and then blame the song for being trash if it doesn't take #1. Regardless of results, SM has always put out quality effort. There's no other company than SM that has the capability of releasing a new song every week.
6. [+23, -11] I think as time goes on, SM will eventually be releasing b side tracks from future album releases so no worries... SM has always had good b side tracks
7. [+21, -11] After YG swept up the charts with their monthly releases, it looks like SM is going a step up with weekly releases. I honestly think this will be the death of smaller agencies and singers with smaller fandoms, just like how supermarkets are ruining locally owned grocery stores.
8. [+20, -12] The song's only #1 because it's Taeyeon. If a female idol vocal sings a song, usually both men and women will take a listen. But if it's a male idol vocal who sings a song, it's only women who listen unless it's a drama OST or something...
9. [+19, -6] SM doesn't guarantee you #1 unless you're Taeyeon, Jonghyun, Kyuhyun, or Baekhyun.. talented with a strong fandom.
10. [+18, -3] I really don't think there's a need to worry. Fandoms may influence winning #1 on digital charts but being acknowledged by the public comes first. SM idol songs debut at #1 but usually fall off the charts fast. Fortunately Taeyeon has a history of hit solo songs so the public is familiar with her.
11. [+18, -5] The song's only #1 right now because Taeyeon has the perfect combination of public recognition and talent. Look at Ryeowook's song, his song has barely been out for a week and it's #45 on Melon ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
12. [+17, -5] I wonder who the next SM release will be to hit #1? Ryeowook's song is good but I think it's a failure on the charts