Article: 'Section' Girlfriend, "The fact that we're called a 'trend' still hasn't hit home for us"
Source: Mydaily via Nate
1. [+428, -105] They're probably a bigger trend than media play Seolhyun who doesn't have one hit song, drama, movie, or any talent ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ a singer is only a trend if they get a song to become a hit song ㅋㅋ
2. [+342, -22] SISTAR should be feeling threatened right now... Girlfriend is pretty strong now with physical album sales. Their fandom may be weak but they're stronger in digital and public recognition.
3. [+306, -32] Their songs have been consistently good and their choreography is perfectly in sync. You guys certainly are the trend~ love how hard working they are.
4. [+33, -11] They're what I'd call a true trend, hit daebak!!!
5. [+19, -5] Honestly their visuals are so average but their song and choreography are great. They're what I'd call a real idol group.
Article: Girlfriend dashes through the digital charts... all of their promo songs are in the top 100
Source: 10asia via Naver
1. [+1,394, -95] Daebak, their CEO must be so happy right now ㅋㅋ
2. [+1,289, -98] Me gustas tu your rough glass bead
3. [+1,008, -114] The quality of their songs go up with each new release, they're such good dancers too
4. [+670, -75] Their hard work is finally paying off with their name getting known everywhere
5. [+125, -16] EXID lucked out with Hani's fancam, and for Girlfriend it was Yoojoo falling 7 times that got people to look them up and take a listen to their songs... and their songs are actually catchy and stick in your head so their popularity steadily climbed.
Article: Girlfriend's climb to the top... even 'Glass Bead' is back on the charts
Source: OSEN via Naver
1. [+119, -11] Can't believe they got a perfect all kill... what a perfect start to the year!
2. [+105, -8] Cool to see a song that's a year old make it back on the charts
3. [+92, -9] They're #1 on the daily, real time, and weekly chart too. I hope they don't lose their roots and keep working hard like they are now~~ fighting
4. [+89, -5] The public trusts them for all their hard work! Don't lose your roots!
5. [+44, -3] So proud of them.. I'm looking forward to what album concept they'll come out with next.
Article: Girlfriend wins #1 on 'Inkigayo'... all kill of the music shows for the first week of February
Source: X Sports News via Naver
1. [+2,638, -426] Girlfriend is such a likable group! Really loving their new song
2. [+1,899, -304] All kill on the digital charts, all kill on music shows... so proud of them ㅠㅠ
3. [+1,586, -291] Girlfriend fighting!!
4. [+280, -53] Wow! Congratulations, kids!
5. [+246, -48] I was always sad that 'Me Gustas Tu' wasn't more popular than it was because the song was so good. I'm glad that the song was a stepping stone to their current rise in popularity though.
Article: Girlfriend dresses in classic hanbok for the lunar new year
Source: Newsen via Nate
1. [+220, -53] I'll be honest, their nose and eyes look too plastic and it's off putting
2. [+162, -33] Umji definitely stands out
3. [+149, -28] Umji's the one top
4. [+32, -11] If only they never got that nose surgery ㅠㅠ all their noses look the same
5. [+27, -7] Umji had to have gotten into the group through someone powerful... not a main dancer or a vocal or a rapper.. if she was genuinely scouted by a caster, Girlfriend's agency's talent caster has issues..
6. [+24, -5] Shinbi is prettier to me, I wonder why they always put Yerin as the center member... because of her public popularity?
7. [+24, -7] I'm more shocked that none of them are 21 years old
8. [+21, -5] Their songs are so good... but damn, they really don't have a visual;;
9. [+20, -6] Shinbi's so pretty ㅠㅠ way prettier than Yerin, I wonder why Yerin's always being pushed as the visual
10. [+12, -5] Umji... sigh....