Article: Girlfriend wins '#1 again', the generational change of girl groups has begun
Source: Newsen via Nate
1. [+580, -36] I remember when Girlfriend and Lovelyz debuted, Lovelyz got more attention and Girlfriend was shifted to the back a bit ㅋㅋ but it definitely shows that a good song can definitely turn things around at once like this ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+474, -21] Nine Muses, Dal Shabet, and Rainbow are individually bursting with charms but they're groups that never get anywhere because they always pick the wrong songs for every album... Groups like Girlfriend just show that all you need is one good song to blow you up like this.
3. [+401, -22] When they first debuted, I thought they'd be a group destined to fail because their name was so funny but their songs have all been public friendly and they're doing fine now.
4. [+25 -3] I'm an uncle fan and listen to their song on my way to work. Reminds me back to the days of when SNSD did the knee kick for 'ITNW'~ who cares if they're pretty or not, as long as they make my way to work happy, it's all that matters~
5. [+19, -11] They succeeded off of SNSD's debut concept and song style
6. [+19, -14] They're so fresh but the members are so ugly ㅠㅠ I remember seeing them for the first time in Lee Seung Hwan's music video for 'Everything's Pretty' and being shocked that none of them were pretty
7. [+18, -3] Honestly, aren't 'Glass Bead', 'Me Gustas Tu', and 'Rough' all such good songs? ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ I play their songs on loop on my way to work and off ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Yoojoo also did wonders in getting the group known too. The fact that she's their main vocal is a huge help to them ㅜㅜ
8. [+13, -0] They promoted 'Me Gustas Tu' up to September and while the song was good but their popularity was no where near this level. After their promos ended and they had that fall video, they blew up big with even attention from foreign media outlets. Their songs are all just good~
9. [+11, -1] So winning #1 on a cable music show means there's a generation change of girl groups? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
10. [+9, -1] Even if their visuals are lacking, they're popular because their song and dance are good... I hope they keep up the school girl style in the future too