Article: Kim Tae Hee was paid 3.2 billion won for her Chinese drama... on top of owning a 13 billion won building
Source: Mydaily via Nate
1. [+506, -36] Celebrities... get paid way too much for how much effort and talent is required of the job. They're even messing with real estate now..
2. [+376, -9] Hmm.. the rest of us commoners will save at least 500 million won at most or even get into debt of 300 million won and end our lives at owning a house if we're lucky. These celebrities are in a completely different world from us.
3. [+345, -12] Jealous... but also disgusted at how much they make. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer... Articles like this make me so miserable.
4. [+28, -1] She's pretty but her acting isn't worth 3.2 billion won ㅋㅋ
5. [+19, -1] Don't be jealous. It's all of you who put her at the status to be making this much.
Article: Kim Tae Hee's father is the chairman of a distribution company... '30 billion won a year in sales'
Source: OSEN via Nate
1. [+417, -19] So what does Kim Tae Hee lack??? She has looks, a wealthy family, brains;;; her body is honestly great;;;; and if we're reaching here, the only scandal she's been in is dating Rain, so what else is there??? How can the heavens be this unfair to the rest of us??
2. [+331, -13] People always assume that female celebrities marry richer men but there are a significant amount of female celebrities who come from wealthy families like her and So Yoo Jin, Choi Jung Yoon, etc.
3. [+310, -8] Face, education, wealth, she has it all ㅜㅜ I had no idea her family was rich too ㅜㅜ assumed she was just from an average family
4. [+43, -3] I had a feeling Kim Tae Hee was upper middle class but she's pretty much just high class.
5. [+35, -3] Kim Tae Hee comes from a wealthy family already but imagine how proud her father must feel;;; his daughter is Kim Tae Hee for crying out loud -_- ㅋㅋㅋ he raised her well...
6. [+30, -4] Her father does a lot of good deeds as well
7. [+27, -5] He has such a good impression, Kim Tae Hee must be as pretty as she is because she resembles him ㅋㅋ
8. [+22, -3] So she has everything except a tall height
Article: Kang Dong Won's father is the vice president of a shipbuilding company with 7 trillion won in annual contracts
Source: Newsen via Nate
1. [+657, -20] Now this is who I'd call the true mother's friend's son... his visuals, his education, his wealthy background.. the ultimate 'he has it all'
2. [+567, -13] He's already a winner in life with his visuals and body proportions alone, what more does he need with all this wealth too
3. [+400, -27] Father-in-law ♥
4. [+40, -3] I've been his fan since 'Temptation of the Wolf' and a lot of people have this misconceived notion that he grew up rich but he didn't. In his older interviews, he talks about how his family used to be so poor that they couldn't even afford clothes for him and so he wore the same one outfit every day until he realized on a school trip that he was the only one who had only one set of clothes. He complained to his mother and she ended up buying him an expensive sweater and he felt bad that he asked for that in their difficult financial circumstances and wore only that sweater for the longest time. He also shared clothes with his nuna too. His father truly worked his way up from the bottom as a new recruit to get to his position as the vice president now.
5. [+34, -1] Whomever he marries, I don't think there is any woman in Korea who people could say that "she could do better than him"
6. [+27, -0] His father worked his way up from a clerk to vice president. Regardless, it's still true that Kang Dong Won has a father who's a hard worker.
7. [+24, -4] Hello my father-in-law
8. [+14, -1] Kang Dong Won makes life so unfair, he's got not only prestigious genes but a wealthy family too
Article: Jang Giha's doctor grandfather and businessman father
Source: OSEN via Nate
1. [+453, -158] And yet he's dating some high school graduate IU ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+435, -56] I remember seeing him on an EBS music program for the first time singing some third rate song with the Mimi Sisters and I thought he was a refreshing new face for having an easy to approach B-list image but after losing weight and becoming handsome, he changed his image to that of a high status one. Sad to see his old charms disappear... he's changed a lot. I know a lot of people like him more now but I personally don't..
3. [+283, -70] I wonder why anyone like Jang Giha would date some kid like IU?????? There are plenty of talented, smart, respectable women he could date.
4. [+57, -33] I bet IU's dating him because she knows all this
5. [+28, -8] I love how people called IU such a respectable person for not going to college with special treatment and now they're calling her a high school graduate because she didn't go to college ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+27, -4] I'm sure he worked hard to get into Seoul University on his own but... he already comes from such a smart and wealthy family.
7. [+27, -32] I'm not IU's fan but I think it's funny how people put IU down compared to Jang Giha. At 18 years old she was making 6 billion won in CF deals alone. Add royalties to it and she was making bank.
8. [+24, -3] I'm not an IU fan but I never thought I'd see IU get made fun of for being only a high school graduate.
9. [+22, -6] IU hit jackpot
Article: Psy's wealth is world star level too... wealth of father and son combined amounts to 60 billion won
Source: Mydaily via Daum
1. [+420, -39] Psy's amazing but I am jealous of his opportunities. Kids who grow up in wealthy families have the opportunity to do whatever they want to do. Psy's of course talented but I feel like it was because he had a wealthy father that he had the foundation to become as successful as he is.
2. [+164, -15] So he basically had an easy life growing up in a wealthy family
3. [+67, -9] Even Americans know that Psy comes from a wealthy family.. I guess Americans are interested in Psy more than we think..