Article: Seohyun beats 350:1 competition to take the role as Sophie in 'Mamma Mia'
Source: X Sports News via Naver
1. [+1,550, -197] 350:1... I wonder if that's even true
2. [+1,292, -163] So they eliminated 349 people to choose Seohyun for her star name and promotion potential rather than her skills?
3. [+1,099, -154] I don't think she's fit for musicals... but I guess the musical industry is the same as any other, all about the money...
4. [+839, -139] Power of SM hul
5. [+253, -55] Let's be honest, we all know she didn't get this role 100% for her talent. It's nothing new that shows have been sticking idols in to get more exposure... Auditions were held with idols already in mind for the role.
6. [+169, -34] Don't call it a 350:1 competition ㅋㅋㅋ it's all for money in the end. Seohyun wasn't chosen because she was good but because she wasn't bad either but will guarantee a certain number of ticket sales and success for the musical.
7. [+107, -18] She would've beat 1000:1 competition too because it's obvious the musical already had her cast ㅋㅋㅋ
8. [+113, -21] Couldn't they just have said that Seohyun was cast for the role of Sophie without that bs about beating 349 other people. SNSD fans will already guarantee ticket sales, you stupid agency. Why make Seohyun get more hateful comments?
1. [+105, -4] Agency power... the others in the line-up are top name actors and then an idol is stuck on there..
2. [+106, -7] Amazing SM, looks like getting idols into musicals is nothing for them. Her skills are just average to me.
3. [+81, -4] This is wrong ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
4. [+14, -0] So were the 349 other actors merely used as sacrifice to make it seem like Seohyun had to beat out competition for this role?
5. [+14, -2] I know she's a good singer but this is wrong..
6. [+13, -2] They actually want us to believe that Seohyun auditioned and beat out 350 other people fair ㅋㅋ
7. [+11, -1] Just how untalented were the 349 other actors then?