Article: American detainment girl group 'Oh My Girl makes a hard return'
Source: Newsen via Nate
1. [+174, -25] The noise marketing is insane for this group
2. [+127, -17] They still got tons of media exposure so they still gained a lot out of this
3. [+87, -9] Honestly starting to feel like they almost wanted this to happen
4. [+18, -5] Aigoo, there's nothing else for them to media play about other than this..
5. [+14, -4] Detainment marketing ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+11, -2] Oh come on, it's obviously not noise marketing. They're still young kids and rookies to boot, I'm sure they were really excited about shooting a MV overseas but were detained for no reason.
7. [+11, -0] So they went all the way there just to come back?
8. [+10, -0] Just shoot your stuff in Korea. Shooting it overseas doesn't guarantee success or anything.
9. [+10, -7] Yeah well they got their name exposed in the media so... I'd still call it a success.. ㅋㅋㅋ
10. [+6, -0] I wouldn't call it a calculated noise marketing scheme but a noise marketing scheme that fell into their lap. It's not like they new that the media would be this interested in their detainment.
1. [+717, -4] Just how bad is their agency at dealing with issues like this...
2. [+511, -6] Are you guys babos
3. [+475, -6] And what did their manager do the entire time?
4. [+129, -5] They got so much media exposure out of this whether they intended to or not. They've been getting tons of articles about it since last night that now if someone were to mention Oh My Girl, I'd have an idea of who they are.
5. [+112, -4] Whoever was in charge of them is going to get fired... imagine the expenses they blew on tickets alone...
6. [+85, -3] If you get denied from America once, they usually never let you back in... this is a problem for their personal passports, not just their agency alone.
7. [+67, -1] I really wonder what they took in their luggage ㅋㅋㅋ
8. [+64, -4] They must feel so embarrassed~~~!!!
9. [+53, -1] I bet someone immature member just screwed up the entry interview or said something they weren't supposed to.. like they were there on a tourist visa but said they were going to shoot things for business related work, etc. Aigoo, better teach your kids straight.
10. [+17, -1] Must feel embarrassing
Article: 'American detainment' Oh My Girl lands with fatigued faces... "Visa issues"
Source: Star News via Naver
1. [+756, -2] Their agency's too dumb to deal with it..
2. [+520, -20] "Our young members were at the airport for too long so we decided to return them to Korea" <--- what an excuse... they waited hours there and then had to wait more hours on the plane, that's even more exhausting. They could've just resolved the visa or customs issues and put them in a hotel nearby.
3. [+250, -34] 8 members + staff + equipment.. that's going to add up to one big expense chart
4. [+112, -19] Glad they're back! Rest up
5. [+53, -0] Their agency is so dumb. Did they think they could get visas that easily? Tourist visas are readily given but they're obviously not going for tourist reasons. They're going to think they're there to sell stuff if they take a bunch of equipment with them too. Should've been more prepared... kids had to suffer due to the idiots above.