Pann: Yoo Seung Ho's daring interview when he was a 5th grader in elementary school
1. After the success of 'The Way Home', you must get called a successful actor now.
I really wish they wouldn't say that. I hate hearing that I'm a 'successful actor, successful star'.
2. You're a lead role in Don't Tell Papa. Do you only take lead roles?
I would like to play smaller roles like the lead's friend; it doesn't have to be the lead role. Getting a lead part is hard.
3. What was the hardest part about acting?
There's a scene in The Way Home where I have to catch a bug. The director changed the script a day before filming, and since there were a lot of lines, I struggled with memorizing it and he reprimanded me for not being able to memorize it all. At the time, I wanted to tell him to do it himself.
4. You play the role of a bad guy in Don't Tell Papa, are you like that in real life?
I'm not, it was hard for me to act my character because he's so different from me.
5. How do you think of your image?
My mother tells me that I'll never be offered any roles of rich kids. Because my face looks weird, I think I get offered more roles to play the poor kid. I just want to try a character who isn't rich or poor, just an average kid.
6. Aren't you rich in real life?
I act not for the money but for the experience.
7. But aren't you richer than most kids your age?
I get $2.50 in allowance every week.
8. What do you think is important for the advancement of the Korean movie industry?
A good script. I want more people to participate in the script writing process and be able to express what they don't like about it.
9. What is a good script to you?
Something that starts out funny but touches your heart in the end.
10. It will be harder for you to both act and go to school.
I was only going to act from 4th grade to 5th grade but my mom keeps forgetting that. I bet she'll say let's start acting again in 6th grade so I'll probably continue acting. Until I'm an adult.
1. [+87, -0] I burst out laughing at his allowance ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Thank you for continuing to act, Seung Ho-ya
2. [+82, -0] He wanted to tell the director to do it himself ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+74, -1] $2.50 allowance a week (so daring)
4. [+49, -0] He sounds so angry in his interview ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ especially at the end, how his mom keeps forgetting that he was only going to act up to a certain grade ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+43, -1] I'm glad his mother kept him in acting. Imagine that we would never get to see this handsome actor today if he only acted up till the 5th grade ♥
6. [+39, -0] He thought he was only going to get poor kid roles ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ but now he's oozing with luxury
7. [+36, -0] I'm sure he didn't use the tone we're reading it in but it's hilarious ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
8. [+26, -0] Even from a young age, you can tell that he had strong standards when it came to acting. As expected of Yoo Seung Ho.
9. [+20, -0] His mother ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ told him he'd only get poor kid roles ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
10. [+13, -0] Thank you Seung Ho's mother