Article: Contrasting views on celebrity plastic surgery... honest or put off
Source: Segye Ilbo via Nate
1. [+604, -12] If the plastic work turns out nice like Han Ye Seul or Park Min Young, then you get praised for being pretty... but otherwise you get called a plastic surgery monster if you end up like Yang Mira, Shinyi, or Kang Hye Jung, and drop to a status lower than what you were at before.
2. [+346, -16] Nothing we can do about it... they all do it for their personal satisfaction anyway.
3. [+311, -24] Considering the nature of their jobs, plastic surgery is something they can't avoid. They're constantly on camera and they're getting work done with their own money, what's it affect us? Not like we're the ones dying if they get work done. Plastic surgery is not a crime, they shouldn't get hate for it. Check your own faces in the mirror before hating.
4. [+31 ,-3] People react to plastic surgery depending on the person. If they're already popular and pretty but choose to get more work done, they get hate. Usually the unpopular ones get less hate if they get work done. I don't hate EXID's LE but her face obviously looks very plastic but I've rarely seen anyone hate her for it.
5. [+22, -1] There is not one celebrity in our country who hasn't stepped foot in a plastic surgery clinic. All of those handsome and pretty faces you people are in love with visit those clinics as often as you visit convenience stores.
6. [+21, -3] Just please don't be like Taeyeon and deny plastic surgery when it's obvious you've done it
7. [+20, -14] No one's hating on them for getting work done... just for lying that they got nothing done when it's clear they got shots or fixed some things..
8. [+14, -0] What we should be concerned about are the side effects of plastic surgery. Just three years ago, Park Bom fans tried to claim that her face wasn't like that due to the side effects but now they can't even shield her because her face has just gotten so much worse.
9. [+14, -4] Nowadays it's better to just admit you did it instead of lying and using weight loss as an excuse.
10. [+13, -1] No one cares if the work turns out nice. Look at Park Bom and Hong Soo Ah, they look gross.
1. [+1,953, -33] I don't care, I just hate it when celebrities lie about how they feel so wronged about the accusations when it's clear they got work done
2. [+1,222, -25] Don't know why celebrities insist on stirring more controversy by denying it when everyone can already tell
3. [+860, -21] As long as they don't lie saying it's weight loss when it's obvious they're lying~
4. [+751, -49] I don't mind fixing one thing that's a complex but anyone who changes their entire face doesn't seem sane to me. Even the people around me, I've noticed that the ones who get a lot of work done usually have mental issues.
5. [+327, -18] But Park Bom's at a severe level
6. [+129, -7] It's not that bad for singers but plastic surgery is horrible for actors. It changes their face in a way that makes it uncomfortable for viewers to be watching their faces on TV. Eyes should be able to deliver a certain range of emotions but that's clouded now behind double eyelid surgery + cutting the inner corners. They raise their nose bridges so high that all you see are their nostrils. They shave their jaws so thin that their jaw just looks like a completely separate segment of their face when they're saying their script. Plus, all that botox looks so unnatural. In scenes where they're supposed to be crying, it's just tears coming out of their eyes.
7. [+119, -6] I can't stand people who claim weight loss when it's actually plastic surgery
8. [+98, -3] The most unfortunate cases of losing the public's interest are Kang Hye Jung and Yang Mira... I'm especially so upset about Kang Hye Jung ㅜ.ㅜ Her unique face was what made her stand out before..