Jonghyun clarifies that he did not mean his words to be interpreted as misogyny


Article: SHINee Jonghyun "I am not a misogynist" clarifies 'One Night' post

Source: Kukmin Ilbo via Nate

Jonghyun clarified rumors that he was a misogynist as per a radio show where he said, "Women are blessed. I think that women give artists the most inspiration. They make poets write poems and artists draw art and singers sing songs."

-

1. [+529, -18] You'd have to be messed up in the head to even take what he said to be misogynistic

2. [+337, -22] I seriously don't understand why him calling women blessed is problematic. I read what the people accusing him of misogyny said and I think I have a clue of what they're getting at but I just didn't get that vibe from what Jonghyun said. And with what some people are accusing him of, I think it's reading way too deep into it. I'm a woman myself but I get goose bumps when I see women on grab onto non-issues like this while hating on female celebrities. Women need to draw a line sometimes.

3. [+270, -24] None of what he said warrants any problems, why are feminists getting all riled up over nothing tsk tsk... I respect feminism but I hate extremists like some of these, seriously

4. [+27, -1] I don't even know how messed up you have to be to take what he said as misogynistic

5. [+21, -1] How can you even interpret what he said in that way? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+19, -1] Wow, makes me realize that you could say anything and people will twist it to mean what they want ㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+17, -4] This is why women get hate, a minority of them acting like this ruins it for everyone else. How many times has it happened this year already?

8. [+14, -3] Feminazis at a witch hunt again ㅋㅋ

-