animals are not holiday gifts :(

 :( Holding my bbgirl.

-
A Shih Tzu who hasn't been sold for over a year is put on sale for the holidays

6 months interest free holiday sale. 95% of pet shop animals come from puppy mills.

puppy mill

Article: Christmas gift puppies? Three year interest free installment sales...

Source: Money Today via Nate

1. [+1,441, -34] This article made me login to comment. As a dog owner myself, I find even the fully grown, adult version of my dog just as lovely as it was when it was a puppy... I really don't understand people who abandon dogs for growing up.. Please don't raise dogs if you can't be responsible for its entire life.

2. [+1,312, -28] I want pet shops and puppy mills to be gone.. How can you lock a life up and force it to give birth? And throw it away when it's no longer useful... How can you gift a puppy to celebrate an anniversary? What happens to it when you break up? I adopted a dog myself who went through several owners before it came to me 7 years ago and now that it's 10 years old, it costs $200 in medical expenses since he's old now... but I never once thought that it was a waste and felt hurt that I couldn't do more from him. Before you decide to raise an animal, please do it with the heart of being responsible for the entirety of its life... ㅠㅠ

3. [+1,110, -10] Abandon it for shedding, for failing to be potty trained, for not listening, for growing up to be not as cute as it was when it was a puppy, for costing a lot in vet bills ㅜㅜ Why bother raising an animal you can't commit to...

4. [+44, -2] Those poor eyes... So sad...

5. [+38, -1] It's the fault of the sellers, not necessarily the buyers. Because sellers are offering discounts and sales, animals are treated more and more like products instead of lives.

6. [+33, -1] There are so many beautiful dogs with lots of aegyo at animal shelters ㅠ Adopt, don't buy...

7. [+32, -0] Puppy mills are all about profit... Locked in a cage all their lives to do nothing but give birth... Do you know that once they're no longer able to get pregnant, they're sold as dog meat? So many abandoned dogs every year... Adopt, don't buy.

8. [+32, -0] That last picture really gets me... To be forced to give birth all its life only to have the babies taken away... and slowly die in a cage... sigh...

9. [+29, -0] I hope no animals are abandoned this Christmas season...

10. [+22, -0] My dog's 10 years old but he's still as active as he was when he was a baby. I should be getting ready to let him go but I'm so obsessed with him that I end up giving more and more love... I want to return to the days when he was 3 months old and I was in junior high because I'm sure I can make him happier...

-