Movie: [Spoilers!!!] Miracle in Cell No. 7, The Berlin File, New World


Article: 'Miracle in Cell No. 7' almost hits 10 million theater goers

Source: Star News via Nate [2] [3]

1. [+692, -22] That's right, in order for a movie in our country to hit the 10 million mark, you can't have any idols in it.

2. [+528, -19] Honestly, this movie shows that you can create a much better film without any 'A list' stars who rely entirely on their popularity because the B, C list stars are just as great, if not better skill wise... This movie definitely puts into perspective the issue with idols going into acting. They only have the support of their company without any actual acting talent, and all they do is drop the movie's quality level.

3. [+407, -36] I just watched it yesterday.. It was so fun.. but at the end, when he asked to be saved.. I started crying..

3. [+342, -10] Truly a movie that makes you both laugh and cry ㅠㅠ

4. [+249, -16] This movie really caught two birds with one stone. Both touching and fun... and not one speck of crappy acting to be found. ㅋㅋ

5. [+198, -11] I really didn't expect much when I started watching it but it ended up making me laugh and cry... I want to see it again should I have the chance

6. [+181, -8] No words other than the best! Acting, story line... 10 points out of 10 ㅠㅠㅠ It's a movie that will make you sob, sob, and sob!

-

Article: 'Cell No. 7' releases single scene where Park Shin Hye and Ryu Seung Ryong meet 'emotional tears fall'

Source: Newsen via Nate

1. [+94, -6] Park Shin Hye was so touching in this scene... and she was like a goddess in the scene where she looked up at the falling snow. I love how she's not only pretty, but an amazing actress to boot.

2. [+93, -6] I had been so good about holding in my tears all movie long until Yeseung hugged her father in this scene.. Then I just broke loose into sobs ㅠㅠ I suggest that even men bring some tissues when they go to see this movie.. and Park Shin Hye is just absolutely gorgeous. So surprising she's all natural.

3. [+83, -6] I've been watching Flower Boy Neighbor for Park Shin Hye after seeing this movie. She's so pretty and acts well. Love both Yeseung and Go Dok Mi ㅋ

-

Article: 'Berlin' receives NY Times praise, American media outlets give great reviews

Source: TV Daily via Nate

1. [+274, -36] Aside from the plot and everything, this movie seriously sucks away any sense of time because you're initially so busy staring at Jun Ji Hyun, Ryu Seung Bum, Ha Jung Woo, and Han Suk Gyu. There are a lot of mixed reviews on the movie but I definitely enjoyed it.

2. [+219, -34] Many mixed reviews... Because of that, I didn't have much expectations when I went into it but I think it was one of the most enjoyable movies I've watched recently

3. [+190, -35] I agree that there are mixed reviews but I personally enjoyed it

4. [+37, -5] A few scenes were a bit of a disappointment, but the action scenes themselves were on Hollywood level.. really surprised me.

5. [+37, -6] There are a lot of negative reviews on the Naver movie board but I think this movie shows just how far the Korean movie industry has come. It was amazing, and I think even comparable to America's 007 Bond series.

-

Article: 'New World' takes #1 in the box office two days in a row... 'Miracle in Cell No. 7' hits 10 million viewers today

Source: OSEN via Nate

1. [+163, -2] The Korean movie industry is an absolute feast lately~ So fun

2. [+166, -8] I'll admit I didn't expect much and went to watch it just thinking that I'll take a look at how well the A list actors did but I ended up totally falling in love with the movie ㅋㅋ It's really fun ㅋㅋ especially Hwang Jung Min, dang!

3. [+112, -3] Hwang Jung Min was seriously amazing

4. [+28, -1] This movie's amazing, I saw it on the day it came out and again yesterday... I'm a girl and I still thoroughly enjoyed it. It's not just your cliche mafia story, there are two plot twists in it ㅠㅠㅠ There's even a bit of romance... There's no time to be bored while watching it because the plot is so strong ㅠㅠㅠ I liked Berlin as well..

5. [+24, -1] I really just watched this movie for the cast but came away from it with a lot of questions about my own life. A man who becomes a monster to catch monsters... and a man who creates a monster to catch monsters.. What an amazing, daebak movie.

-