Source: TV Daily via Nate
Article talking about how before, it was rare to have siblings in the industry so it was a great way for siblings to get their name out there quick and easy when they first debuted (Krystal, Thunder).. but now, there are so many siblings that it doesn't really impact your debut since the novelty factor has worn off.
1. [+318, -6] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Boram's younger sister ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ A good example of an idol that didn't see the perks of having a celebrity sister but fell to the bottom before she even made her debut ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+233, -3] The rest of them probably aren't seeing any perks because their other sibling isn't that popular ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+210, -4] Isn't it obvious that it wouldn't matter if your celebrity sibling is a nobody or has a bunch of antis like T-ara? They have to be popular somewhat to get your name on the radar with netizens.
4. [+24, -0] You have to have an A class sibling like Choi Jin Shil, Choi Jin Young or Um Jung Hwa and Um Tae Woong to use their name to promote your own, otherwise it's useless..
5. [+23, -0] The Boram siblings basically tainted their father's name