As expected, most of the top posts on entertainment portals are concerning Big Bang's Seungri. Just like with T-ara, he's being picked on for a lot of things that have nothing to do with the scandal itself.
Here are a few posts that show what's being talked about online.
This Nate Pann post includes a few screencaps of Seungri getting down on the floor to greet a popular Japanese actress named Takei Emi during his reporter stint on Sakigake Ongaku Banzuke. While this may not seem like a big deal, I'm pretty sure we all know what Korean/Japanese sentiments are like so k-netizens took great offense to it (especially since emotions are at an all time high with the issue of Dokdo Island). While many agree that he's just doing his job, they also agree that he went a bit far with it and that a 'floored greeting' was not necessary.
1. [+29, -2] Was it absolutely necessary for him to put his head to the floor and bow to her in such a manner? I pray that people don't think that he did it just to be funny (it wasn't even a necessary part of the show). Do people not know what the sentiments are like between Korea and Japan right?
YG, do you not monitor these things?... It won't be long before Big Bang becomes the second Supernova.
< A list of disrespectful things Seungri has said in Japan >
a. He said he respected AKB48 at an event (Really? "respect"?)
b. To Oguri Shun, he said that he wanted to change his name to Oguri Seung
c. He told EXILE that Korean dancers look up to them and that they practice their dancing while watching their videos
d. He told everyone on a Japanese variety show that all Korean men wear insoles.
2. [+19, -1] The other members of Big Bang don't go that far, so why is he acting like that? It's really hard to like him
The next Nate Pann post is a male K-Pop fan that decided to share his two cents while watching over the Seungri scandal. It received a lot of agreement from both fans and non-fans alike.
"Through this scandal, I've learned how to differentiate between fans and dumb fangirls. Despite none of us knowing whether it could or could not be Seungri in the pictures, it is because of all of his dumb fangirls that everyone who would not have otherwise found out now know. They act like they're trying to protect Seungri, but they don't know that what they're doing right now is just making it harder for him to recover.
They can try to hide and shield everything all they want now, but what are they going to do when it is later confirmed that it was indeed Seungri? Because of all of the sh*t they laid out, Seungri is going to be hated on for that much more. You fans are seriously no different from Friday.
Arguing over a few unidentified pictures and all of you blindly and aggressively pushing for your side being right is only making it harder for Seungri. If you're a true fan that loves him, you need to stay quiet.
And to all of those brainless fans that are saying it doesn't matter if an adult male has a one night with a female... Is Seungri some nobody? He's someone that has the power to influence the youth. People follow everything idols do lately, and because of you dumb fangirls, they're going to grow up thinking that when everyone grows up, everyone has one night stands like the norm.
And finally to everyone saying this is a conspiracy created by the government.. Why the hell would the Japanese government release something like this to cover something in the Korean government? You guys are so frustrating..
I wanted to stay quiet and just watch over the issue but you guys keep bit*hing and bit*hing."
1. [+19, -2] His fangirls are also photoshopping their own pictures using other similar pictures and spreading it as if it's the true. YG then picked that up and released articles worded as if Friday had photoshopped them on purpose... Both sides are absolutely ridiculous. Do they not see how far T-ara has dropped because of Kwang Soo? Big Bang will be outcast because of their dumb fangirls and their company. They don't know where the limit is and think that if they close their eyes and pretend it doesn't exist, it doesn't... Little do they know, the end is just as bitter, as exemplified by T-ara and Kwang Soo.
This last Nate Pann post is a netizen denouncing rumors of Seungri's photos being photoshopped by Friday and claiming that Big Bang fans had photoshopped it themselves. The pictures used for the actual photoshop work are Nishikido Ryo, and the netizen goes on to claim that it would not be in the best interest of Friday to not only release a piece of photoshopped work (they could be sued), but to also use Nishikido Ryo's face for it, since he's so well known and had a scandal of his own under Friday previously.
1. [+76, -10] VIPs, please stop the shield work since nothing's been decided. That will not help anything. Please, I beg you.
2. [+72, -85] (TN: blatant hate post on Big Bang)
3. [+69, -3] I think that VIPs are young and don't understand the gravity of the situation yet. Yes, having sex is a natural act, but it was wrong of Seungri to have a one night stand with someone he doesn't love just to release his sexual frustrations, especially as someone with status to the youth. I know that you want to shield him, and that it pains you to see all of these hateful things about him, but do you think your shields will help the situation? Not at all. It will actually hurt him more. Just trust in him and wait without saying anything. Just wait, please.