I actually had no idea that this was such a big issue until readers started bringing it up. You guys requested a bit more updates on it so here you go... This was definitely the top ranking issue for the past two days. I'm sorry I can't explain anything or give you further insight as I don't really know what's going on, so I hope the netizens do a better job explaining.
Article: 'Super 7' concert completely canceled "We were not able to oversee what was most important"
Source: Newsen via Nate
1. [+1,612, -526] Through this ordeal, I couldn't help but question why the members of 'IF' have to give free concerts or at a cheaper price than others. It's like them going around giving people a dollar every day.. and while at first those people are thankful for the dollar, they later think it's definite that they should receive a dollar and get mad when they don't receive it...
2. [+935, -220] It's unfortunate that the viewers and 'IF' both lost without gaining anything...
3. [+407, -93] It's upsetting that people think anything regarding 'IF' should be free. There might have been problems with their promotions, but I'm sure that the concert itself would have lived up to the prices asked.
Article: Super 7 concert completely canceled, 'IF' members prove their genuinity
Source: Mediaus via Nate
1. [+781, -102] The members are now being forced to pay back the costs lost by the concert's cancellation, which is rumored to be in the hundreds of thousands. The concert itself was planned by Leessang Company and the members of 'IF' for the fans during the strike period. They paid out of their own pockets to rent a concert hall for their fans. That's why the concert was called 'Super 7', not 'Infinity Challenge Super 7'. The ones that connected the concert to 'IF' were the fans themselves.
Furthermore, to the two faced people that are hating on Leessang Company while defending 'IF', please just screw off and just admit that you hate Gil. Leessang Company had nothing to gain out of this concert. To those that are hating them, have you ever even been to a Leessang concert? Artists make barely any money from their concerts as it is simply just a way for them to connect with their fans.
Why do people expect everything from 'IF' to be free? Why don't you ask them to appear on TV for free too? Or ask Yoo Jae Suk to come sing at your wedding for free? If you meet one of them on the streets, ask them for a free meal while you're at it too! It's the same thing, don't you agree?
It's not T-ara we should be hating right now because these netizens are no better than T-ara. Netizens have only been on the receiving end of goods from 'IF' and now they think that it's something definite. For months on end, the members planned this concert and put a price to it to show that much more quality work, but now their efforts are now shattered. All because things didn't go the way you idiots planned.
2. [+743, -112] The guest line-up was amazing, the concert itself was amazing... Idol concerts cost $100 these days, I think that's more of a waste of money than this 'IF' concert could have ever been. You are all hating on them for the prices, but all they did was get rid of the $130 seats and increased the $99 seats and cut back on the cheaper seats so that their staff, guest, bills, and studio fees could be paid. Do you think the members need to work for you for free? Leessang's already busy with their nationwide tour but still worked hard to make this Super 7 happen, and yet you idiots are telling Gary to donate money on his Twitter ㅡㅡ This is why nothing should be given for free
3. [+635, -90] Ah!!!!!!!!!!! This is driving me crazy!!!!!!! I really wanted to see the concert, I waited so long for it ㅡㅡ How am I ever going to see another artist's concert now? I'm so angry and frustrated because I know that they have lost so much..
Article: 'IF' Super Concert cancellation brings hundreds of thousands in losses... Members to pay everything
Source: No Cut News via Nate
1. [+1,498, -152] The members of 'IF' are not a group under an agency but a collection of people that mostly own their own agencies. Each and every member has an incredible worth to the industry. The fact that the concert was not supported by a broadcast network means that they had to handle the production stages from the very beginning to the end, including all of the expenses. The guests were Leessang, Tiger JK, Yoon Mirae, Psy, G-Dragon, Sweet Sorrow, Hyungdon and Daejun, 10cm, and Bada... Is $100 really too expensive to pay to be able to see these people along with the 7 members?
The members did not want to use the name of 'IF' to their benefit and worked hard to make sure they did not put any harms way to their guests and staff. I heard that the concert did not even take in any advertisements. That means that they would have still been met with a loss even with their initial price of $130 per ticket. Leessang could not have made any money out of this concert. And even if they did, why would that have been a problem...?
Just because 'IF' has been performing for free and donating that to charity does not mean you are entitled to get everything for free.
Anyway, with the cancellation of the concert, the members have just lost their utmost effort, time, and money. How dare people say that they were blinded by money, that they were expecting to be paid as much as "true" singers... Are the supposed 'true fans of IF' disappointed by this ordeal truly their fans? Are they happy with these results?
2. [+1,226, -119] Since when was it law that 'IF' has to perform for free and always donate those proceeds?
3. [+1,135, -97] I am an 'IF' fan myself, but I feel like this was all messed up by the 'IF' fans without brains
Article: Gil announces withdrawal from 'Infinity Challenge', "The Super 7 concert is all my fault"
Source: Newsen via Nate
1. [+2,078, -288] If I were him, I wouldn't want to be on the show either
2. [+2,048, -468] Are all of the brainless 'IF' fans happy now? You guys are all trash. You all must be so happy now that your 'standard line-up' are the only members left.
3. [+566, -70] People are really so two-faced. Just yesterday, everyone in the comments were yelling at Leessang Company for trying to use 'IF' to make some money, but now that the concert's canceled and Gil's leaving, everyone's like, "Don't go~ㅜㅜ~".
Article: Leessang Gil "I've decided to leave 'Infinity Challenge'" withdrawal announcement after 3 years
Source: Mydaily via Nate
1. [+780, -97] Korea will fail because of the keyboard, you dumbas*es
2. [+735, -115] People are so cruel. The members worked so hard to show a high quality concert and all people can do is complain and whine about ticket prices and time. If you can't afford it or don't have the time, then don't go. These are not things you have the right to say to people who put months of work into this. Are you all happy now that the only people left are the original members you all wanted so bad?
3. [+708, -102] To all of the people who whined about tickets being expensive, are you all happy now?
Article: Gil, announces withdrawal from 'Infinity Challenge'.. 'IF' fans cry
Source: OSEN via Nate
1. [+125, -31] You worked too hard for the past 3 years to quit... Don't leave... An 'IF' without Gil is so empty.
2. [+115, -46] There's obviously so much he worked for.. so how upset must he be to leave that all behind?
3. [+101, -46] Everything is the damn fault of these keyboard warriors. The netizens are the problem to everything.