Recent Posts

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Housekeeping

These are some general housekeeping stuff for the site.

First of all, I think I'm going to get rid of the sliders at the top of the site because I realize I don't have the time to be constantly updating them (it's a lot of finding pictures, resizing them to fit, and losing an eyeball over finding missing codes because I always screw something up when I switch them around).

I'm going to switch them out instead with random pictures of K-Pop stars so I'll take the first five suggestions for that and switch them whenever I feel we're all tired of seeing the same pictures.

-

About requests...

I'll be honest, I haven't gotten into the habit of checking my Netizen Buzz e-mail.

I do, however, check my Tumblr asks throughout the day. I read EVERY SINGLE ONE, whether I take them up or not, but it largely depends on whether I can find comments for them (and if you don't see me taking the request, it's because I couldn't).

I don't answer Tumblr asks because I don't want to flood your dashboards, but I do promise to answer every single non-anon ask whether or not you want a response. I'm thinking of moving to Formspring, but it's not a large enough problem yet (I don't think).

I only read comments of the articles that are still on the first page so if you make any requests past that, I probably won't see it.

-

Ever since I launched this blog, I've gotten a lot of requests for SISTAR's alleged chart manipulation. I was out of the industry at the time and the issue had mostly died out by the time I got back so I had to rely on Naver searches to see what was up. I'm assuming most of you that requested it are familiar with the side accusing them of manipulation so I'm asking you now if you're interested in the other side.

I found several posts that kind of analyze why SISTAR couldn't have manipulated the digital charts, but I was iffy on taking it up because I'm not familiar with the scandal in general.

-

About the X-Files...

As expected, I got numerous requests for anything related to the X-Files. I remember my cousins grabbing hold of the file nearly a decade ago and it being this really elaborate 100 page pdf analyzation of top stars, but I was too young then to really care.

I tried looking for it now and noticed that any servers that hosted the file were contacted by lawyers, etc, to take them down so I'm not sure what the legal implications for me translating them would be...

I have found other X-Files roaming freely around blogs and sites, but I could tell immediately that they weren't what I remember reading on the original X-Files. I'll talk it over with some people about translating those, but for now, I don't think I'll touch on it until I have my bases covered.

-

Some personal questions I've seen running around...

I update once before school and once after work, so my window for catching articles at the top is very, very, small... I'm fortunate that both windows are when the majority of internet users in Korea are at work, bored, and screwing around on the internet, or at home after work, bored, and screwing around on the internet.

Rankings change quickly - so just because I say I don't remember seeing it at the top doesn't mean it was never there. That's why I rely on a lot of your requests to fill in the gaps.

-

38 comments:

  1. Thank you for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx for ur blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all the work you do, it's really appreaciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!
    For the sliders could one of them be a picture of IU please?
    Again, thank you for your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't burn yourself out! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the hard work you're doing for this blog, it's highly appreciated!
    And please, be careful not to get in trouble with the influx of information you come across.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for you hard work!!"I do, however, check my Tumblr asks throughout the day. I read EVERY SINGLE ONE, whether I take them up or not, but it largely depends on whether I can find comments for them (and if you don't see me taking the request, it's because I couldn't)." Since my request wasnt posted, it must be this reason!! Anyway if you happen to find then please.. even if it way too late!1 Thank you once again!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you and now I know why you couldn't see my request about Super junior's radio star appearance ANC Shinhwa
    XD
    Anyways, u work hard and I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also for the slid bars I would like Super Junior to be there, thanks again ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should post those posts that explain why SISTAR couldn't manipulate the charts because there are only posts translated about them doing so for international fans. The people that believed SISTAR manipulated use that as their source of holy grail wanting to diminish their rise of popularity this year. I need some debunking too.

    While we are on this, do you also know about 4minute's scandal? Similar to SISTAR, they were also accused of manipulating sales that is buying back albums. Post things up about it too please.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey, i think you've noticed that the Reply button isn't working for those viewing the blog through a computer. have you tried fixing it? it's not something pressing, just will make reading easier :D anyways, great job on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know where requests for Kpop stars for your top slider bar goes, but if we can make them here then I would love to see Jaejoong ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for all of your hard work!! You are amazing... as for celebrities for the slider bars.. 2pm? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This blog awesome...different than regular news blog..
    we know inside out kpop..
    looove it..
    kpop..not just a pop..but dark secret hiding behind idol happy faces
    i want to see.....KAHI,SOOYOUNG ,JIYOONG 4M,

    ReplyDelete
  15. SHINee! And thank you for all your hard work and the time you take for this blog. It's a treat coming here

    ReplyDelete
  16. Netizenbuzz you are the best!!!
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. T-ara for the slider!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ^^^^ Nvm too late. lol. New slider looks nice though. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  19. Could you post two sides of the argument for SISTAR? I didn't actually realise there were two. I only thought there are one side, because only the one side is translated. I think you should present two sides and let the users think for themselves. It's also not very good for SISTAR's reputation if they didn't manipulate, yet they're being accused mercilessly for it because of an article or two only presenting one side of the argument. It won't be very fair for them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How does Korea or rather the k-netizens view miss A and Suzy, and 4minute and Hyuna. Basically, these two members Suzy and Hyuna and their dominance in the group that for 4minute the group is being labeled as Hyuna and friends. Same thing is starting to happen to Suzy. Does k-netizens label them/view them same way international fan does?

    How well received was Touch? And report about 4minute's mini scandal with Cube buying back their physical albums. I heard that they did something similarly to A Pink too? Report please!

    ReplyDelete
  21. please put an EXO banner.

    ReplyDelete
  22. PUT Block B!!!! Please or put it when they comeback ^^

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really appreciate this site. The work sounds quite tedious. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've only read one article about SISTAR's buyback scandal and it didn't really make sense to me. How can SISTAR (who nobody hates) do well on the charts and be accused of buybacks, while T-ara (who everybody hates) does well and not even a hint of a buyback accusation? That's what doesn't add up for me.

    As far as the layout of your page is concerned, I don't care about the slider. Do what makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is my favorite blog atm. fighting, netizenbuzz~!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Welcome to my world of forgetting about that stupid slideshow :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for all your hard work! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  28. Does k-netizens hate Beast's dirty track record of racism, fat misogynistic etc actions like they were also condemned by international fans?

    Also I read that JYP and Cube are the only companies that were caught buying back sales, is it true?

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love you ;A; and thank you. And Picture Suggestion Block B!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks a tonne for your hard work. :)


    Also, can I suggest that the comment box be improved or upgraded a bit? Replies don't work unless on mobile (and even that's limited) and everyone's Anonymous so you can't even go "@______ blah blah blah". Thanks again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you so much for your hard work! You're amazing :)

    and yes, please put up the articles you found about SISTAR. I wanna hear both sides of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think formspring will be easier just because tumblr doesn't allow us to list direct links from sites in the ask box anymore!

    ReplyDelete