Article: BoA "Now Jang Dong Gun is SM's maknae, not Lee Jae Ryong"
Source: Newsen via Nate
1. [+242, -16] SM has officially snagged the #1 rank as a company... Back in the day, it would've been Sidus but SM has definitely grown a lot since then
2. [+239, -17] On the roll they're going, SM could even set up their own broadcast network
3. [+220, -42] Hul, Jang Dong Gun and Kim Ha Neul are under SM now?? They even have all those other MCs and singers... Wow, SM's amazing, they've pretty much got every industry covered. I guess they aren't our country's top company for no reason.
4. [+54, -5] I don't think this is a laughing matter. Without competition, there's no advancement.
5. [+52, -10] I don't hate BoA or anything but I want Lee Soo Man to stop... After 'SM Nation', I'm scared of what they'll come up with next.. (TN: Netizens thought that the SM Nation stint at their SMTOWN concerts with all of the flags and representing themselves as their own country was scary and cult-like).
Because I know some of you will mention it, there were a lot of comments saying that BoA's in no position to be ranking others, especially a great senior like Jang Dong Gun, but many also did retort saying that she was merely responding to the MC's question and left her answer at that. People were mostly too concerned with SM "swallowing the industry whole" than BoA's statement.