IU opens up about her phobia of phone calls, and more of the younger generation are saying they can relate

Article: Younger generation prefers texting to phone calls, even with parents... does that make you a bad child?

Source: Herald Economy via Naver

[+275, -23] I find phone calls easier, I wonder what that makes me? ㅠㅠ

[+222, -26] You can make mistakes on phone calls, but texting gives you some time to think about your answer before replying... so I find texting easier...

[+166, -4] Feels like we're all declining as a generation..

[+79, -1] Maybe I'm a boomer because I find calls easier too ㅋㅋ

[+20, -0] Some of us have Katalkphobia too. I'm too lazy to even text sometimes.

[+16, -1] Katalk's definitely easier. People usually get straighter to the point.

[+12, -0] Hate both calls and texts

[+12, -1] I'm in my forties and texting is definitely easier than calling

[+11, -1] And this is how we build walls against one another. The emotions that are delivered through our voices are so important.

[+9, -1] It's not until your mother passes away that you'll regret not calling her more often

[+8, -0] Texting is way easier. I'm able to come up with what I want to say, check it over in case I might cause any misunderstandings, and practice it a few times before sending it. 

[+7, -1] I think people are failing to consider the anxiety some people feel when faced with a conversation where they're not able to see and read someone's facial expressions or gestures and having to continue a conversation based on verbal communication alone. It's hard to predict what kind of situation phone calls might throw you into. It takes a lot of training to ease up with them.

[+6, -1] I actually think texts are easier to misunderstand and calls get the point better across

[+5, -0] Funny to think of IU of all people having a phone call phobia when she performs in front of thousands at her concerts ㅋㅋ

[+4, -1] Calls are easier because you can hear their tone faster. Katalks are harder because they don't reply right away and you're not able to see their facial expression.

-