Billie and Oh My Girl members commiserate about intense idol diet regulations


Article: Oh My Girl members reveal that their agency "does not allow us to go over 42 kg"

Source: Insight via Instagram

1. [+602] Instead of caring about their weight, please start caring about their mental health..

2. [+396] Weighing 42 at 158 is considered underweight..

3. [+151] Sigh ㅠㅠ idols always have it so hard with the dieting ㅠㅠ

4. [+50] That's half my weight...;; wow......

5. [+12] Male or female idol alike, I definitely recognize the effort that goes into being so thin. I think it can't be helped since they chose to be idols. Their whole job revolves around gaining attention for their looks first so I understand why their agencies are so strict. They need to be prettier and more handsome than the average person for people to feel jealous and look up to them. I'm sure some idols go into the career because they love singing but the majority are in it for the fame and wealth that comes with it. 

6. [+2] 42 kg is just crazy ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

7. [+141] I will never understand when celebrities complain about having to take care of themselves on TV when that's a part of their job. Of course agencies are going to care when they're the ones who are investing in you. Wanna know why agencies care so much? Because people might initially be like "oh no, you need to eat more, you're so skinny ㅠㅠ" but the minute you actually gain any weight, all those fans are gone in an instant ㅋㅋ

8. [+5] So they can only weigh as much as their bones and organs

-