Hyorin's parents don't think Hyorin has a pretty face


Article: SISTAR Hyorin's mother told her "You're not a pretty face"

Source: News 24 via Naver [2]

"My mother has never told me that I was pretty. She instead tells me that my face has a lot of personality, but that it's not a pretty face. My parents are really objective. I guess they're not ones to take the side of their own family. Whenever I try to do something, they'll criticize, 'Don't do that. You don't look pretty when you do that.' They'll instead tell me, 'Your face is not pretty but it has personality.'"
When asked by MCs if she thought she wasn't pretty as well, she said, "I don't think I'm pretty and I don't think my face has personality either."

1. [+229, -15] Well, all that matters for a singer is that she sings well so

2. [+216, -10] Her mom probably enjoys walking around outside with her ㅋㅋ Since she's probably complimented all the time about how she's prettier or how she looks like Hyorin's unni

3. [+172, -7] I know it's not right to say this in this situation but... Her mom is prettier.

4. [+172, -21] It's the truth but the mom went a bit too far ㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+149, -12] I prefer Hyorin over faces punched out by factories and bodies so thin that they look like they would fall over with just the slightest touch. All that matters for her is that she sings well since she's a singer.

6. [+146, -10] Her mom's honestly right~ but I think that's why Hyorin's popular ㅎㅎ Having charms takes you further than just being a pretty face~

7. [+143, -16] Hyorin definitely isn't a pretty face... but she has a lot of charms to make up for it

8. [+127, -16] Even the mom admits it ㅋㅋㅋ

9. [+98, -4] I wouldn't care so much if Hyorin was a poor singer, but thankfully she's one killer singer to make up for it all

10. [+92, -2] Hyorin obviously takes after her dad... but her mom is undeniably beautiful. She could be a middle-aged actress and I'd believe it.

-