Chun Doo Hwan's grandson apologizes to bereaved families of Gwangju Uprising victims

 Article: "Chun Doo Hwan's grandson gave me $100 without hesitation when I talked about financial hardship"

Source: Herald Economy via Naver

1. [+1,049, -64] I'm surprised that such a kind grandson was born from the slaughter of a man that was his grandfather. I hope he stays away from drugs and lives a happy life moving forward.

2. [+396, -26] I don't blame him for the drug use, I doubt you can so much as breathe in a household like that without being under the influence

3. [+356, -9] Never did I think I'd see a case of a man who got his life together through drug use

4. [+246, -5] I want to believe that this is all genuine, he has my support.

5. [+103, -1] I think his kindness is what made his life so much harder. His family has been so unstable, his own mother has cancer. I can't imagine the resentment he must feel for his father, for blowing up his family over an affair with an actress..!!

-



Article: "Come back to us whenever you are hungry" Bereaved families of the Gwangju uprising break into tears at Chun Woo Won's bow

Source: Money Today via Naver

1. [+1,614, -100] Now this is what I call a genuine apology. Do you see this, you Japanese dogs?

2. [+1,575, -95] I'm genuinely impressed. This is so heartwarming.

3. [+1,393, -75] Woo Won-ssi has my support ^^

4. [+94, -10] He's so young... but to understand that he's the grandson of such a family and to decide to make amends like this... It couldn't have been easy, and he's truly amazing for it.

5. [+85, -9] I feel his truth. He has truly learned his history to come forward and clean up the sh*t his grandfather has smeared!

6. [+59, -3] He could've just chosen to stay quiet and live in lavish wealth and riches... but he gave it all up with the risk of being left out of all the wills. It's amazing. As for his drug scandal, all he needs to do is deal with the appropriate consequences for it.

7. [+55, -11] I think if Japan had apologized like this, our people would've forgiven them. 

8. [+49, -9] This is good to see... So brave for such a young man. I support him.

9. [+45, -12] I just... don't know how anyone could say anything negative about this...

10. [+35, -7] I never thought I'd see the day... it feels like a dream ㅠㅠ

11. [+32, -9] I hope these families are able to let go of some of the 'han' burdening them. A round of applause to Woo Won-ssi's bravery.

12. [+17, -4] The Gwangju uprising happened 43 years ago and yet this is the first and only instance of an apology from Chun Doo Hwan's family, but look at how the families of the victims have all come forward to forgive him, to thank him for this. All it took was one genuine apology to heal the wounds of so many but his family has stayed quiet all these years... Was it ever necessary to let it drag on this long? 

-