Japan's AKB flies into Korea for 'Produce 48'


Article: [Exclusive] Japan's AKB48 fly into Korea today for 'Produce 48'... officially getting ready for the show

Source: OSEN via Nate

1. [+117, -12] I'll be honest, I'm an AKB fan but I don't think even the top members of AKB stand a chance in Korea... They can get away with little aegyo things in Japan and their male fans will call them cute and all but Korea's idol fanbase is mostly made up of female fans and I don't know if AKB's methods will work here. In order to succeed in the Korean market, you have to play to what the female fans want because they're the ones who spend the money. I don't know if a group that's mainly used to catering to male fans can adjust to that.

2. [+94, -13] Do they want to be the second Twice or something? Because I'm sure they felt the Twice influence too since there are three Japanese members

3. [+54, -10] I wonder how many of them are clean though? I heard even the idols who are minors are dating ajusshis and stuff over there... Not sure why we're trying so hard to incorporate Japanese idols

4. [+6, -18] I bet you they'll be popular once the show starts. There's a certain cuteness to Japanese girls that will win people over ㅋㅋ Twice's Sana is popular for a reason ㅋㅋ

5. [+5, -1] The minute they start making nasally baby voices, they're going to lose their Korean audience...

-

Source: Naver

1. [+67, -17] I assure you that there's going to be a vast skill difference between Japanese idols and Korean trainees

2. [+62, -20] Can they just stay in Japan... seriously

3. [+41, -11] Survival show with AKB kids who are only as talented as a school talent show?? Is this going to be a comedy show? ㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+15, -7] Why not just have Japanese trainees in Korea join the show? Why AKB48 trainees? Korean trainees are going to dominate them... it's going to be like a soccer match between China and Spain

5. [+6, -4] This is going to be good ㅋㅋㅋ

-