Han Seohee admits she says controversial things on purpose and reiterates why she's a feminist


Article: Han Seohee, "I purposely say controversial things" reiterates that she's a feminist

Source: Star Today via Nate

"I may seem excessive to some people, but people have different ways of expressing themselves and I'm more of the direct type which may be surprising and off putting to people. I have to go hard with what I say if I want what I say to get in the media. If I had said nice things, people wouldn't have even cared about the other things like that I'm a feminist. There are times that I purposely say controversial things because of that.

I'm doing this for the people who aren't feminists. We suffer all sorts of realities and I believe that I'm speaking out on your behalf, for the people who can't speak up about it. I think that the people who weren't educated on feminism before will find out about it through me. I want to spread awareness as to why us feminists are raising our voices and how hard the process has been."

-

1. [+553, -41] Please don't use feminism for the sake of your own image. I don't want to see the genders getting into constant fights because of you. Just go back to sucking off male idols like you've been all along.

2. [+374, -49] Can you keep this feminism stuff to yourself and go serve in the army? Why not? Didn't you say you're a feminist? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+370, -42] What is the purpose of her feminism? Female superiority or equality?

4. [+28, -4] I was going to pass on this article since she's an obvious attention wh*re but felt compelled to ask if she even completed her high school education? Does she have no shame as a criminal? Who does she think she is to be saying all this instead of reflecting?

5. [+23, -2] You're no feminist, you're just a sl*t ㅋㅋ

6. [+19, -2] I can't believe feminist organizations are just letting her go instead of reporting her ㅋㅋ

7. [+17, -1] Stop dragging the name of feminists down. It makes me sick to think other dumb kids like you will follow your words and believe this is what feminism is. Drugs ruined your life but your words have the influence to ruin other young lives.

8. [+16, -2] You idiot, you're just another wheel in the cog in a K-Pop industry run entirely by male CEOs where brainless idiots like you can be discarded at a moment if they don't feel that you're needed.

9. [+13, -0] Why does she keep talking about feminism after getting caught over drugs? Does she really not realize what she needs to be doing for women's rights right now??? Nim, please....

10. [+10, -2] So is the first step to becoming a feminist committing a crime?

-