Article: [Exclusive] "Let's all succeed together!" Sejung and Mina beautifully decide to divide income
Source: Star News via Nate
1. [+810, -99] I feel so damn bad for Kim Sejung. She won #1 on the show and has CFs of her own and yet still hasn't been paid ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ she's probably at the top when it comes to public recognition and fandom power but she probably makes less than online streamers.
2. [+744, -46] Don't call this "beautiful" because it's not, it's sad
3. [+652, -25] I wouldn't worry too much about them. Give them 2-3 years and we'll probably be hearing news about Kim Sejung buying a house or some buildings.
4. [+50, -2] How is this "beautiful"? Would they be considered mean if they didn't share?
5. [+47, -7] This isn't "beautiful", this is unfair. What they did to earn an income in IOI should be given strictly to themselves. IOI and Gugudan are completely different activities... Stuff like Sejung's solo is something that she did after she debuted with Gugudan so if she wants to share that, that's up to her, but I think Sejung and Mina deserve to keep their IOI money for themselves. Once again, this isn't beautiful but unfair.
6. [+47, -7] I don't see Gugudan having it easier any time soon...
7. [+45, -4] Just sounds like they're bound by contract and have no choice... don't glamorize this as "beautiful" ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
8. [+43, -7] They should be allowed to keep the money they rightfully earned ㅡㅡ nothing's beautiful about this
9. [+34, -2] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Did they not see what happened to 4minute and miss A with all that sharing income nonsense? Looks like this group is headed towards disbandment soon too ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Sharing IOI income is completely unnecessary
10. [+34, -2] Why would the Gugudan members deserve to be paid for work that they didn't do?
11. [+29, -3] It's fine if the members who are getting free money out of this consider it a sacrifice and are genuinely grateful towards them but it becomes a problem later on if they start to consider it as something they deserve and talk to them like "So you want a medal for sharing your income or what?" I'd prefer a system where you can keep what you earn on your own but divide what you earn as a group. Sejung's still young and naive and doesn't know how the world works so she's agreeing to this but I know she'll regret it later.
12. [+27, -0] Everyone starts off like this... let's all do the best we can and succeed together! But the biggest reason contracts end up in splits is because of financial problems... The strongest of teamwork is nothing in the face of money issues.
13. [+27, -3] JellyFish isn't thinking this through. The industry isn't like what it was before where groups could ride on the popularity of individual members like a bus. Now even if you debut entire groups, people are only going to pick out the members they like and support them exclusively. Sejung herself is already on a success path but sticking her in a girl group just puts her up in the air. Not popular, but not unknown either.