Article: 'Pro-Japanese ancestry controversy' Kang Dong Won, will it affect his next movie?
Source: Sports Seoul via Nate
1. [+1,836, -26] There's no way it won't impact it. As much time as time has passed, his ancestry doesn't change... Reminds me of what Jung Woo Sung said in 'The King', "The descendants of independence fighters? They'll starve to death without a pension. But the pro-Japanese are living lavishly large."
2. [+1,664, -28] I know that he wasn't born a descendant of such a man by choice but you have to admit he handled all of this poorly. It's definitely going to impact his image...
3. [+1,346, -47] I won't be watching it
4. [+116, -2] If he had at least acted like he was apologetic or attempted to clarify it, people would've defended him by saying it's unfair for him to be guilty by association... but the first thing he did was delete all the posts about it ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ as expected from the bloodline of a pro-Japanese
5. [+92, -3] I hope he realizes that his great-grandfather isn't great simply because he passed down a large amount of wealth to him. Please use the rest of that money on helping independence fighters.
6. [+85, -1] Yes, there's nothing he can do about his great-grandfather being a pro-Japanese. However, it was wrong how he handled this whole thing. If he had just honestly confessed that his great-grandfather was a pro-Japanese but that he will be helping the descendants of independence fighters and comfort women, then he would've been forgiven... Instead he was too busy trying to hide everything and turned all his fans into antis.
7. [+80, -3] Congratulations on ending your career. You might as well voluntarily retire now, you're rich enough where it won't matter anyway. If only you handled this better, you'd be getting less hate but what can you do? You brought this upon yourself. I won't be watching any of your movies or dramas.
8. [+61, -0] He's getting more hate because he called his great-grandfather an 'artist' among other things... at least shut up about it
9. [+50, -1] Disappointed in his attempt at hiding everything without apology. Considering the state of the country that those dirty pro-Japanese put us in, ugh..
10. [+50, -4] There's no way the scandal won't impact his career
11. [+40, -1] Wow... even Kang Dong Won is ending like this. I always supported his movies and all but now that he's a pro-Japanese bloodline.. sigh..