Article: Idol group fandoms in disarray over 'personal fans'
Source: Sunday News via Nate
Article talks about 'akgae fans' or fans of an individual member instead of the entire group and how they tend to start fandom fights. Also includes a chart that lists the characteristics of akgaes:
1. They always think their bias doesn't get enough support
2. They think the group is holding their bias back
3. They don't believe anyone is actually a fan of the whole group and considers anyone who likes the whole group fake
4. They think their bias has it the worst in the world/victimizes their bias
5. They think troll bait posts are written by other member akgaes
6. They don't think of themselves as akgaes
1. [+715, -36] ㅋㅋㅋ Why are you ATMs fighting with one another?
2. [+573, -23] 7. You're all a mess
3. [+511, -24] And one day you will all grow up and realize that all of this was useless
4. [+33, -0] Being a fan isn't bad but is it really worth fighting with other people over?
5. [+33, -3] Ugh... They'll grow up later and look back on all this and wonder why they even bothered
6. [+31, -3] Whenever I listen to stupid fangirls talking to each other, they sound like they have mental issues
7. [+26, -3] You fools, these celebrities won't take responsibility for your lives... so stop wasting money on them
8. [+26, -8] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Such stupid, pathetic fangirls ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Please realize that all of you are nothing but wallets and idiots ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
9. [+21, -2] I once liked a specific member instead of her entire girl group but why would you ever want to fight over that??? Do you really have nothing else to do with your time???
10. [+20, -2] I understand liking a specific member instead of the entire group but why stir trouble by picking fights? Do they really think that that's what's best for their favorite member?
11. [+19, -3] I remember it was really bad with the TVXQ fandom. I wonder if Park Yoochun fans and Kim Junsu fans are still on bad terms.
12. [+17, -2] It got worse with EXO... before EXO came around, most fandoms were fans of the entire group
13. [+15, -6] The biggest victim in any of this isn't your bias but your parents