Article: Girl group debuts in the past 10 years that have managed to survive
Source: Joongang Ilbo via Nate
2007 (10): Wonder Girls, KARA, SNSD
2008 (5): Davichi
2009 (21): After School, 2NE1, 4minute, T_ara, f(x), SECRET
2010: (15): SISTAR, miss A, Girl's Day, Nine Muses
2011 (33): Dal Shabet, A Pink, Stellar
2012 (38): EXID, Crayon Pop, AOA, 15&
2013 (24): Ladies Code
2014 (31): Mamamoo, Red Velvet, Lovelyz
2015 (28): Girlfriend, Oh My Girl, DIA, Twice
2016 (15): Cosmic Girls, IOI, Gugudan, Black Pink
1. [+591, -12] So basically only the big agencies managed to survive... Trainees would be better off going for audition shows if they can't get into a big agency..
2. [+481, -5] Wow, only the absolute minority survive
3. [+447, -9] Shows it's better to give up on your dreams if you can't get into a big agency..
4. [+32, -1] I saw a comment wondering what the failed groups were doing with their lives now ㅋㅋㅋㅋ so I had to login to reply... I'm one of the members of a group on this list.. I graduated college and I'm working for a company now ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ so yeah, I'm living just fine...
5. [+26, -2] Brown Eyed Girls are the longest running group right now. They debuted in March 2006 and is the only group that hasn't gone through member changes or member leaves. All of the members contracted under Mystic in 2015 so there's little chance of a disbandment in the future.
6. [+25, -5] Well if Dal Shabet, DIA, and Gugudan made it, then Hello Venus and Laboum should be on the list too..
7. [+18, -4] Wow that's a lot of groups... but I wouldn't worry about the groups that never made it ㅋㅋㅋㅋ most of them come from wealthy families with parents who are college professors or doctors or wealthy businessmen ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
8. [+17, -1] These numbers are only actual debuts... imagine how inflated the numbers would be if you counted trainees too
9. [+13, -1] I wonder what all the groups that disappeared are doing with their lives now
10. [+2, -1] Wow, no wonder there are only idols on music shows tsk tsk. I remember in the '90s we had rock, ballad, reggae, and other genres on music shows but now it's all idols
11. [+11, -3] Damn we almost drowned in girl groups in 2011 ㅡㅡ but come to think of it, I realize a lot of the good songs came from unpopular groups than the good ones