Article: CJES reps, "Kim Junsu does not directly run the Jeju hotel"
Source: X Sports News via Naver
1. [+809, -55] If his excuse is going to be that he didn't actually run the hotel himself, then why did he talk about the hotel saying it was an achievement of a longtime dream of his? His story doesn't add up ㅋㅋ and the more ridiculous thing is that he let his family run an entire hotel... this isn't some local convenience store we're talking about. And sure he came out on a profit by selling the hotel but that still leaves his staff with unpaid wages, and they were forced to live off of their credit cards in the meantime as a result of it... He totally committed a monetary hit and run ㅠㅠ
2. [+445, -26] Well spit back the exemptions then
3. [+435, -29] He profited all sorts of tax benefits out of the sale and yet left his staff unpaid? Hurry up and pay them up instead of showing off your car all the time
4. [+200, -10] So if you don't actually run the hotel yourself, why is your bank account the one that deposits go into? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+166, -6] He claims to not run it and yet payments were deposited into Kim Junsu's name ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Article: Kim Junsu "Eat and run? This is worse than defamation, this is murder of my character" confession on SNS
Source: Sports Chosun via Nate
1. [+1,106, -43] Yeah so what about your staff's unpaid wages again? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+731, -23] The fact that you didn't pay your staff on time is already a poor reflection of your character. Whether you sold the hotel or not doesn't matter, you have to pay people what they're owed. Just because you "tried" to take responsibility doesn't absolve you from the blame!!!
3. [+586, -15] You could've sold just one of your luxury import cars and saved your staff from resorting to their credit cards and taking out loans
4. [+85, -0] Shut up with your luxury cars and go pay your staff. I love how he takes out all the points that make him look bad from his explanation.
5. [+79, -1] Start with an apology to your staff you ba$tard
6. [+76, -1] Enough with the excuses and just apologize for the unpaid wages
7. [+65, -0] I get what he's saying but it's wrong for him to talk as if he's completely innocent in all of this. Whatever happened doesn't matter because there's proof that shows his staff were paid as late as up to three weeks. He needed to have mentioned that and apologized for it. Anyone who works a regular job will know that payday is so very important to budgeting and being delayed three weeks sets you back so much because you have to resort to credit cards and breaking into your savings. It's okay for a month or two but if that keeps snowballing it, people have to resort to paying credit cards with credit cards and it just leaves their credit in a mess...
8. [+49, -0] 1) So why hasn't he touched on why his staff were unpaid? He could've sold a few of his cars to be able to pay for their wages... 2) Is the part about him turning a 3 billion won profit false as well? 3) Since he sold the hotel, he should pay back the tax exemptions he received for his hotel in Jeju, right?
9. [+48, -0] The hotel not turning an income is a failure of business and does not excuse you from not paying someone who provided you with their services. Their pay may be a drop in the bucket for you but to them it's the livelihood of their families.
10. [+41, -0] I seriously don't understand what he's feeling so mad about? He left his staff unpaid while he received all these tax exemptions and even turned a profit after selling the hotel and he's complaining like this instead of straight up apologizing? He thinks of himself as a victim. His mind is not sane.
1. [+10,925, -658] The fact that your staff were left unpaid cannot be excused by anything... It's not like you're so poor that you couldn't actually pay them;
2. [+10,244, -588] The least you could've done was made sure that your staff were paid
3. [+9,323, -470] So is he ever going to mention the most serious issue of this all, that his staff were unpaid..
4. [+8,104, -470] The hotel not turning an income does not make it okay to not pay the staff. He should've sold the hotel much earlier if his staff were left unpaid for that long. It was poor business judgment by his family so what is he whining about?
5. [+6,000, -338] The truth will be revealed
6. [+2,639, -145] If it's fact that he didn't pay his staff and sold the hotel in secret, both of those alone make trash
7. [+2,473, -106] Pretty sure most of Kim Junsu's fans are people out in the work force making paychecks as well~~ will all of you be so understanding when your payday gets delayed? This isn't something you should be shielding right now~~ People who live paycheck to paycheck still have expenses to pay whether they get paid that month or not... life isn't possible with delayed paychecks~
8. [+2,391, -105] The fact that his staff were regularly paid late is a big problem and he needs to realize that