Article: 'CulTwo' Show' Yeri, "The choreography to 'Rookie' is too hard, I feel like throwing up"
Source: Ilgan Sports via Nate
1. [+151, -11] If the song is so hard for them just by dancing, I doubt they'll ever sing it live then
2. [+117, -31] Red Velvet and NCT seriously never sing live, it's always pre-recordings. At least Soshi and EXO sing 2/3 of their stages live
3. [+103, -26] I like Red Velvet but their lives are so weak;;
4. [+29, -8] Just proved that she's not a singer (x) but a dancer (O)
5. [+5, -1] SM needs to stop paying attention to only the dances and start giving more attention to the quality of their music ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Article: 'CulTwo Show' Irene, "Our new song 'Rookie' has so much talk that it's hard"
Source: TV Report via Naver
By talk, she meant a lot of lyrics
1. [+4,800, -68] The article title leaves room for misunderstanding
2. [+3,462, -65] Thought she meant controversy by the 'talk' in the article title ㅡㅡ
3. [+2,317, -63] Too much talking in a song ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+2,960, -544] I love RV's songs but 'Rookie' is just bad... ㅠ should've gone with another song as the title track
5. [+371, -35] Honestly SM has the worst lyrics ever... I still remember the ridiculous lyrics in f(x)'s 'Hot Summer'... "Let's give map directions to that sweating foreigner"
6. [+316, -27] For how talented Red Velvet is, their songs are always ㅠㅠ... they're always addictive but there are also people think Red Velvet isn't talented because of it. They have a lot of great other songs, I don't know why SM hides the good ones and only focuses on addictive, low quality songs as title tracks...
7. [+229, -15] I thought she meant there was a lot of controversial talk about 'Rookie' when I read the article title
8. [+197, -8] I'll be completely honest. I was horrified when I found out that a song like 'Rookie' took 10 people to make;;; that just seems to prove that having so much unnecessary people will turn a project lost
Article: 'Dumb Dumb' -> 'Heartbebebeat' -> 'Rookie'... the history of Red Velvet's anti-test songs
Source: Herald Pop via Naver
1. [+1,416, -51] I'm so upset that Red Velvet had to hone their skills just to sing a pathetic song like this. They're talented kids, please give them songs that show off their talents..
2. [+1,089, -66] Not a fan or an anti... but I added their new song to my playlist and gave it a listen but had to check midway to see what crappy song I was listening to and it was 'Rookie'. SM, you have a lot of work to do.
3. [+856, -39] I have no idea what their song is about... sure it's addictive but that's it. Give Red Velvet some songs that actually sound like songs, songs with meaning
4. [+263, -13] Just give us more songs like 'Russian Roulette', I won't ask for anything more
5. [+176, -20] Seeing where 'Rookie' ranked on the charts after its release, it's clear that people had high expectations for them after 'Russian Roulette' and SM just threw their biggest opportunity away with this song. Critics have always given high praises for their albums and SM just threw that all away with this release. I wish rivaling fandoms will stop talking about how Red Velvet gets away with an SM buff when SM is the one giving them these crappy songs.
6. [+112, -6] I've noticed that SM will give Red Velvet a hit song and instead of following up on that hit with another hit song, they'll give them two more bad releases before coming back with a good song. Rinse and repeat.
7. [+117, -8] Seulgi 7 years, Yelim and Joohyun 5 years, Sooyoung and Seungwan 2 years... they've all trained for a long period and are talented singers in their own right, I don't know why SM insists on focusing only on addictive qualities. Stop with these songs that get banned on test days... and come out with a more talented song~
8. [+113, -9] Their new album has a lot of songs that are better than 'Rookie'..
9. [+93, -5] Their new song isn't 'wtf at first, addicted later', it's just plain wtf