Article: How Sulli plays Korean media outlets
Source: Oh My News via Nate
Op-ed piece that basically talks about how Sulli's Instagram activities could be a new form of modern art and a different take on what it means to be a pop artist. Compares her to the likes of Jean-Michel Basquiat and Andy Warhol in that they all utilized average, every day parts of life to catch the public's interest and generate mass media attention.
1. [+1,166, -53] This article is one long piece of bullsh*t
2. [+932, -38] The ones who played a part in this whole Sulli act are the journalists, and then the netizens for clicking said articles
3. [+545, -134] I'm really happy with what Sulli's doing. I hope that many other female celebrities follow her path and take their clothes off too. Especially idols, I want more idols to take after Sulli.
4. [+71, -49] She was so normal in that first picture alone, now I don't know where she went so wrong
5. [+45, -7] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ This is insane and ridiculous ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ You're seriously comparing that pathetic Sulli to the likes of Warhol and Basquiat? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Is the writer a stupid fanboy of Sulli?
6. [+28, -6] I feel like this article is only going to give Sulli the idea to call herself an experimental artist. You went too far with this, writer.
7. [+23, -4] This writer is exaggerating far too much about some kid who's just 4-dimensional
8. [+20, -2] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Sulli ㅋㅋㅋㅋ an artist... sigh, you trash of a writer. Yes, Sulli is indeed playing the public, but not like the other celebrities who straight up initiate fights but in an unnerving way that gets under their skin ㅋㅋㅋ I can't believe I'm actually reading something calling Sulli an artist right now ㅋㅋ
9. [+17, -4] How lucky of Sulli~ thanks to her pretty face, all she has to do is post on Instagram and she gets called a new artist of our generation and has her name put up on a pedestal with others like Warhol and Basquiat ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ Funny because I actually found TOP's pictures of pig buttholes to be more artistic ♡
10. [+10, -1] This is a daebak article... never, ever in my life did I ever see such glamorization of idiocy ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
11. [+9, -0] Sulli honestly seems like she's on Instagram without much thought in mind but it's always the media and the netizens who make assumptions and blow things out of proportion
12. [+7, -0] Such an extravagant article for someone who essentially hasn't mentally grown past middle school. She's playing the media? No, she's just a kid looking to fill the void in her self esteem through sexy pictures on the internet.