Article: Idol gets direct "You didn't get married for the purpose of making dinner for your husband"
Source: Joongang Ilbo via Nate
A fan had come to Eunji's fan signing and told her, "This unni came to see you again instead of making dinner for my husband" to which Eunji replied, "Well you didn't get married for the purpose of making dinner for your husband, right?" Some netizens praised her as being woke/girl crush material and challenging gender norms.
1. [+234, -78] But isn't it wrong for a full time stay at home wife to be chasing idols instead of having dinner on the table? I'd be more understanding if they were both working but she's not
2. [+158, -39] She's not even working, she's a full time stay at home wife and she's chasing idols instead of making her husband dinner - there's something funny about that indeed ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Imagine if the roles were reversed and a man was the one who skipped work to go chase some female idols around like "I should be at work right now but I'm here to see you~ I could be fired and my wife will have to go and find her own way to eat and live but that's okay~" how is this any different ㅋㅋ Could Eunji say in that situation, "Well you didn't get married for the purpose of supporting your wife, right?" ㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+121, -41] But if all she does is stay at home all day, the least she could do is make sure her husband has dinner when he comes home, no? Even if the roles were reversed and it was the man who was a stay at home husband, he should still be expected to have dinner for his working wife. No way what Eunji said is deserving of praise at all..
4. [+18, -9] I don't know... sounds more like the stay at home wife is not fulfilling her duties
5. [+16, -2] This doesn't sound like anything Eunji should be praised for saying ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+13, -3] Yeah well I didn't serve in the army for the purpose of protecting the likes of you
7. [+13, -7] I have a hard time warming up to Eunji for some reason. She's not a pretty face and she just seems like the type to always have to be better than whatever man she's talking to...
8. [+12, -3] I wonder if she'd say the same thing if the woman was working and the stay at home husband ignored his chores at home to go out and chase idols around
9. [+11, -1] If the husband is the sole breadwinner of the family and works hard every day to keep the family afloat, isn't making sure he gets fed breakfast and dinner the least the stay at home wife can do? No one's asking the wife to go and buy some crazy herbal supplements for him, just keep him fed. It's obviously not their job or what they got married for but it's better than chasing female idols around. Making sure your husband gets fed a warm meal should be more important than chasing an idol around.
10. [+11, -2] I don't get why Eunji's being praised for saying this?
11. [+10, -2] I like Jung Eunji but I don't agree with what she said. It wasn't necessary at all for her to say that in that situation. No one's saying that a woman's sole role in the house is to make food for her husband, it's obvious that the fan just wanted to emphasize that she wanted to see Eunji a lot, no reason for Eunji to respond so negatively..
12. [+9, -3] If this fan account had been posted on regular community sites, she would not be getting any praise, she would be getting hate ㅋㅋ Where is all this supposed "praise" coming from? Feminazi sites? Even the journalist who wrote this article is a woman ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ