Article: Tony Ahn, "I got the police called on me because I cooked cheonggukjang in America"
Source: TV Report via Nate
"My father cooked me cheonggukjang stew when we were in America when suddenly the door bell rang because American policemen had come. I opened the door and they told us that we were reported for a stench that smells like rotting flesh. Since it was their first time ever smelling something like that, they said they wanted to investigate our house so we showed them the cheonggukjang."
1. [+536, -33] ㅎㅎㅎ It's a plausible story~ the smell of it is the worst~ although it tastes great.. ㅋ
2. [+387, -6] I remember people went to work in Germany said they tried to cook dwenjang jjigae and everyone in their dorms reported a rotting smell and they had people come over to check the sewage drains ㅠㅠㅋ
3. [+342, -10] But in apartments with a lot of Indian or Chinese people, cheonggukjang isn't even that bad of a smell by comparison~~
4. [+31, -3] A lot of stories like this for Koreans in America 😂😂😂😂😂
5. [+23, -6] A lot of Koreans hate the smell of cheonggukjang too
6. [+17, -6] Not like cheese smells any better~ㅋ
7. [+15, -10] I completely understand. I couldn't stand the smell either so I don't go home on days my mom cooks cheonggukjang until the smell is gone from the house.
8. [+9, -1] It'd be funny if it was reported for smelling like poop and the police go to investigate it and actually find something that looks like poop