Article: Police, "No sexual harassment with Lee Se Young"... B1A4 "We felt no discomfort"
Source: Newsis via Nate
1. [+242, -39] Even if B1A4 felt uncomfortable, they probably aren't able to say it...
2. [+228, -15] Even if B1A4 felt uncomfortable, they have nothing to gain by exiling another celebrity's career with their own hands. You can only hope that she won't do it again. I hope all female celebrities reflect over their actions with this case. There is no gender when it comes to sexual assault. A man can be just as much as a victim as a woman. We all need to be careful and respectful of one another.
3. [+107, -13] Actions like Lee Guk Joo forcing kisses and grabbing butts are an issue. I would've smacked them if they tried that on me.
4. [+22, -12] In a society where men can be arrested just for looking at a woman wrong, it's ridiculous to me that Lee Se Young can go through the gestures of sexual harassment and even say with her own mouth "I touched them!" but it still won't be considered sexual harassment. Imagine if a gagman stood a girl group up in a line and said "I touched them!" without actually touching them. Would that fly?
5. [+19, -5] So will men be able to get off scot free if they pretend to touch another woman's private area and cheer about it?
6. [+15, -1] Then by their standards, what is actually considered sexual harassment if not this?
7. [+15, -3] Imagine if Lee Se Young was a man... sigh... this is gender discrimination
8. [+12, -5] It's an uncomfortable situation all around for B1A4 to admit that they felt uncomfortable and to accuse Lee Se Young of sexual harassment... Public sentiment might actually turn against them and accuse them of going too far.
1. [+2,546, -246] Sexual harassment shouldn't be judged on whether she touched them or not but whether they felt uncomfortable with what she was doing. Since when was the law different in application to different genders? This is gender discrimination... because if a man had pretended to touch a woman's private area, do you think people would be as willing to let that go?
2. [+1,936, -193] Then I guess that means it's okay for men to go around pretending to touch a woman's chest or genital...
3. [+1,128, -99] So I guess it isn't considered sexual harassment by law if she didn't physically touch them! That's quite different from the sex education I learned in school. We learn something new every day.
4. [+1,185, -244] Great, I'm going to go around pretending to touch people now too since it's legal
5. [+217, -31] Then what does that make the scandal with the guy who touched Somi's chest?
6. [+162, -17] So it's okay as long as you pretend to touch but not okay to touch? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Do they realize how dangerous that is?
7. [+228, -42] Men get treated like perverted pigs and sex criminals while women get off scot free because "it's a mistake" and "she didn't mean it" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ gender discrimination at its finest
8. [+176, -33] Let's be real, it's only because she's a woman...